Normal Island

What the f**k is this shite? 

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/nov/29/the-wetherspoons-game-why-thousands-of-people-are-buying-food-and-drink-for-strangers

"Illman tells me that there have been marriages and babies through the group" - The UK is fucking doomed. 

"In 2020, the game provided £6,000 worth of food and soft drinks in Liverpool, collected by local charities and dished out to homeless people." - That bit is sort of OK, but surely there's plenty of local businesses that could use the cash much more (and do much more with it) than Brexit McZeroHour and his shareholders?!

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/nov/29/the-wetherspoons-game-why-thousands-of-people-are-buying-food-and-drink-for-strangers

"Illman tells me that there have been marriages and babies through the group" - The UK is fucking doomed. 

"In 2020, the game provided £6,000 worth of food and soft drinks in Liverpool, collected by local charities and dished out to homeless people." - That bit is sort of OK, but surely there's plenty of local businesses that could use the cash much more (and do much more with it) than Brexit McZeroHour and his shareholders?!

If you are going to do a good deed, make sure you do it on Facebook where everyone can see it.....

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Sounds like something nice, a bit of fun.

Sounds like a charter for c***s - Why would random people pay for customers they’ve never met? “I’d say 90% of people buy something back,” says Illman, adding there’s no way he could actually police it. Rule five: Don’t play too often. Once a week as a rule of thumb.

Although might be handy for the budding identity thief: “Rule one is that you have to upload a clear picture of everyone in the group [who are hoping to be on the receiving end] so we can make sure there’s no under-18s,” says Illman. “If anyone looks under 25, we’ll ask them to privately upload ID.

3 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

You can give me all the free food and drink you want, you'll not see me inside a Wetherspoons.

On 27/11/2023 at 11:52, BFTD said:

Not convinced that Diana Spencer would be down with the whole "no wanking" thing. Loads of old men have stories about her being randomly provocative for attention.

Was reminded of that recently when one of the old newspaper editors mentioned that, during a meeting, she brought up her kids being bullied at school because the other kids thought her tits were too small, and she wanted to know his opinion of her chest. You used to hear shit like that all the time when she was alive, pre-sainthood.

Was there many tit pics of her in the papers bitd? I'm bit too young to remember the start of her