Normal Island

39 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Was there many tit pics of her in the papers bitd? I'm bit too young to remember the start of her 

The only thing I can recall is a photo of her and Charlie where the sun was behind her and her legs were visible through her skirt. That was as good as it got from my recollection.  I really don't remember all this about her being a bit of a goer at all.  

18 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

What the f**k is this shite? 

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/nov/29/the-wetherspoons-game-why-thousands-of-people-are-buying-food-and-drink-for-strangers

"Illman tells me that there have been marriages and babies through the group" - The UK is fucking doomed. 

"In 2020, the game provided £6,000 worth of food and soft drinks in Liverpool, collected by local charities and dished out to homeless people." - That bit is sort of OK, but surely there's plenty of local businesses that could use the cash much more (and do much more with it) than Brexit McZeroHour and his shareholders?!

This keeps being suggested to me on Facebook and as far as I can see it's a hotbed of loser students looking for a free shit meal or creepy males buying drinks for young lassies. One that I saw the other day the lassie had been refused further service because over 100 drinks had been bought for her. 

People are fucking stupid. 

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Champagne will now be served in pint measures thanks to Brexit and Churchill.

20231130_155015.thumb.jpg.bb8307f3180820ad822ed801800adfbe.jpg

A few points:

1) The "pint" bottle Churchill drank was actually 600 ml. That's 21.13 fluid ounces, not a pint

2) The new measure may acually be 500 ml instead of 568 ml. That's only 17.61 fluid ounces, well short of a pint

3) Champagne is French. They are under no obligation to pack their product in sizes that will only be legal in the UK. Last time this ridiculous idea was floated, none of the French producer were keen. 

4) Even if they did want to pack to 500 ml or 568 ml, they would definitely need to produce new bottles. They may also have to produce different sized corks to fit these bottles or put in a new production line to bottle the fizz. All these additional costs will result in a higher price

5) One English sparkling wine producer (Rathfinnet Estate) has laid down some bottles, which it previously described as "modern pints". It's unclear whether these are US pints (473 ml), metric 'pints' (500 ml) or imperial pints (568 ml). I'll not be rushing out to buy it, whatever size it is!

6) I note that this new consultation may be opened soon. Strangely, the report on the previous consultation  on the 'reintroduction' of sales by imperial weight, has been delayed for over a year. Rumour has it that the vast majority of responses from both business & the public have rejected the proposals, and that the government are avoiding publishing the results. 

Given these points, the obvious conclusion is that this waste of parliamentary time is a transparent attempt to get "brexit bonus" headlines in the likes of the Mail, Sun & Express. Pathetic.

15 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Was there many tit pics of her in the papers bitd? I'm bit too young to remember the start of her 

No, which makes it even creepier.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

What a lovely gesture.  Not.

Get the brats used to their role in life.   Feeling sorry for folks but happily sitting in their castles, palaces and stately homes. Boak.

We could donate our unfathomable wealth, give up our un-earned land and titles, and pay taxes like everyone else, but what would any of that teach them?

On 30/11/2023 at 19:09, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

One of the reasons her death was such a big thing was that she and Dodi were front page news every day at the time.  Photographers with telescopic lengths were eying her every move and there is little doubt she was aware of them.  

"Hey what is the latest news on Diane and Dodi."

"Car crash.  Dead."

"What?"

Whamageddon: DJ sorry for playing Last Christmas by Wham! - BBC News

A football stadium DJ has apologised for playing Last Christmas by Wham!, potentially knocking more than 7,000 people out of cult game Whamageddon.

Players try to avoid George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley's 1984 hit for as long as possible before Christmas Eve and are eliminated once they hear it. Matt Facer, DJ at Northampton Town, was criticised for playing it at the home game against Portsmouth on 2 December. "I never knew people took it so seriously," he said.

6 hours ago, Fullerene said:

One of the reasons her death was such a big thing was that she and Dodi were front page news every day at the time.  Photographers with telescopic lengths were eying her every move and there is little doubt she was aware of them.  

"Car crash.  Dead."

"What?"

Beg pardon?

10 hours ago, Fullerene said:

"Car crash.  Dead."

"What?"

It seems she did the Michael Jackson thing, planting false stories about herself in the press and tipping them off to photo opportunities, while also complaining that they kept printing lies and wouldn't leave her alone.

Dangerous game, it turns out.

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Whamageddon: DJ sorry for playing Last Christmas by Wham! - BBC News

A football stadium DJ has apologised for playing Last Christmas by Wham!, potentially knocking more than 7,000 people out of cult game Whamageddon.

Players try to avoid George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley's 1984 hit for as long as possible before Christmas Eve and are eliminated once they hear it. Matt Facer, DJ at Northampton Town, was criticised for playing it at the home game against Portsmouth on 2 December. "I never knew people took it so seriously," he said.

This just got mentioned on Radio Scotland in the news headlines at 5 o'clock. It's not fucking news for f**k sake.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

This just got mentioned on Radio Scotland in the news headlines at 5 o'clock. It's not fucking news for f**k sake.

Amazed it's not #1 TBH.

Oh, apparently half of Gaza's starving at the moment. That's at #10.

image.png.2f7fa6f99d38bdb72111e96406d7ed9d.png