Normal Island

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to go through that article line by line because I hate everything and everyone.

First two paragraphs.

Top surgeon at a weight loss clinic, fatphobic?  I mean the entire business is based around making fat people thin, does that count as fatphobia?  ALso, they say that the loss is £2,000 when they raised £6,000 - will this discrepency be explained in the artilce?  I hope so.  He also claims that he faced fatphobia from the "Instagram agent" who arrange dthe operation.  Is this like a secret service agent?  Do Instragram have an intelligence service?  Does the guy rappell down buildings, smashing into clinic to abduct rotund Scots to be taken to Turkey to get their love handles sucked out, and probably injected into another Instagrammers arse cheeks?

Next paragraph.

Aha.  Despite filling out a pre-op questionaire, it turned out when the surgeon examined him that additional scans would be needed.  These things happen before operations, I'm sure anyone who has ever been in for a procedure has found this out.  Elliot felt very guilty and offered all the money back but no-one wanted it.  Ker-ching!

Next paragraph - Long waiting lists for this operation in the UK so Elliot decided on going private.  The UK cost is £10,000 so Els went with crowdfunding to raise £6,000 for Turkey.  Doesn't seem like a huge difference if you are crowdfunding it?  The cancellation meant that he'd spent £2,000 - seems a lot considering he hadn't got his operation yet?  Did he perhaps fit in a nice little holiday as part of this crowd funded endeavour?

Next paragaph - turns out Elliot had a throat infection so needed a course of antibiotics to go ahead and also the anaesthetist had concerns about Elliots weight.  Sad times for Elliot who appears to have found the only cosmetic surgeon in TUrkey that has robust pre-operation safety procedures and solid medical ethics.  Sadly this mean Elliot missed his surgery slot.  In addition - "Elliot claims the surgeon said that the anaesthetist was fatphobic, and this was the reason she did not want to go ahead with the surgery."  Yes this sounds like something that definitely happened and you absolutely didn't make up.

Final paragraph we get to the crux of the story - Elliot has new surgery booked for Madrid but needs some more crowdfunding to get there.  Apparently the surgeons in Madrid love fat f**kers so he'll be grand.  Nice place to get the old surgery as well.  Maybe you could schedule some procedures in Cancun or Florida or maybe a domestic trip to Craig Tara, not sure they have any surgeons though.

Ah what a swim through modern day nonsense that was.  Well done if you made it this far, I wouldn't have.

Edited by ICTChris

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Final paragraph we get to the crux of the story - Elliot has new surgery booked for Madrid but needs some more crowdfunding to get there.  Apparently the surgeons in Madrid love fat f**kers so he'll be grand.  Nice place to get the old surgery as well.  Maybe you could schedule some procedures in Cancun or Florida or maybe a domestic trip to Craig Tara, not sure they have any surgeons though.

Miami’s pretty competitive for new boobs and arses; not sure about fat c***s tho. 

I'm going to go through that article line by line because I hate everything and everyone.

First two paragraphs.

Top surgeon at a weight loss clinic, fatphobic?  I mean the entire business is based around making fat people thin, does that count as fatphobia?  ALso, they say that the loss is £2,000 when they raised £6,000 - will this discrepency be explained in the artilce?  I hope so.  He also claims that he faced fatphobia from the "Instagram agent" who arrange dthe operation.  Is this like a secret service agent?  Do Instragram have an intelligence service?  Does the guy rappell down buildings, smashing into clinic to abduct rotund Scots to be taken to Turkey to get their love handles sucked out, and probably injected into another Instagrammers arse cheeks?

Next paragraph.

Aha.  Despite filling out a pre-op questionaire, it turned out when the surgeon examined him that additional scans would be needed.  These things happen before operations, I'm sure anyone who has ever been in for a procedure has found this out.  Elliot felt very guilty and offered all the money back but no-one wanted it.  Ker-ching!

Next paragraph - Long waiting lists for this operation in the UK so Elliot decided on going private.  The UK cost is £10,000 so Els went with crowdfunding to raise £6,000 for Turkey.  Doesn't seem like a huge difference if you are crowdfunding it?  The cancellation meant that he'd spent £2,000 - seems a lot considering he hadn't got his operation yet?  Did he perhaps fit in a nice little holiday as part of this crowd funded endeavour?

Next paragaph - turns out Elliot had a throat infection so needed a course of antibiotics to go ahead and also the anaesthetist had concerns about Elliots weight.  Sad times for Elliot who appears to have found the only cosmetic surgeon in TUrkey that has robust pre-operation safety procedures and solid medical ethics.  Sadly this mean Elliot missed his surgery slot.  In addition - "Elliot claims the surgeon said that the anaesthetist was fatphobic, and this was the reason she did not want to go ahead with the surgery."  Yes this sounds like something that definitely happened and you absolutely didn't make up.

Ah what a swim through modern day nonsense that was.  Well done if you made it this far, I wouldn't have.

I see a lot of myself in this post, I'm very proud of you Chris.

First two paragraphs.

Next paragraph.

I just don't get the whole crowdfunding culture for things like this. Good causes, aye, I've often donated to folk doing charity stuff etc this way, but basically begging for donations for your dugs vets bill because you were too tight to take out insurance etc, gtf.

I'm sure 5ft 6", 18st Elliott could have raised enough money on their own, or avoided the need for the op at all simply by not spending unnecessary funds on overeating to the stage of morbid obesity.

45 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Miami’s pretty competitive for new boobs and arses; not sure about fat c***s tho. 

You'll be in a better place to confirm than I but surely there aren't many places in America that aren't fat centric.

3 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

I just don't get the whole crowdfunding culture for things like this. Good causes, aye, I've often donated to folk doing charity stuff etc this way, but basically begging for donations for your dugs vets bill because you were too tight to take out insurance etc, gtf.

I'm sure 5ft 6", 18st Elliott could have raised enough money on their own, or avoided the need for the op at all simply by not spending unnecessary funds on overeating to the stage of morbid obesity.

I donated to Aaron Doran's crowdfunder in the summer because he clearly got completely f*cked over by the club I support and it just felt like the right thing to do.  Also, he didn't start it, it was one of his former team mates, which makes a difference I think.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

First two paragraphs.

Next paragraph.

I'm not sure I've read a post today that I agree with more

44 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

That's a terrible story, five kids without a mother.  

I'm sure there are many reputable cosmetic clinics but I would be very hesitant to have injections like that administered in a non-medical place by someone who isn't a nurse or doctor.

If I understand it correctly, they inject material into your buttocks which makes them look bigger.  If you get anything contaminating that then it's extremely bad news - everyone will be aware of cases when drug addicts have lost limbs or suffered horrible wounds from injecting in non-sterile envionments, it's also something you see in bodybuilders who hit up the old Mexican vitamins in gym changing rooms.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

What's the most unusual thing you ever used a Swiss Army / Pen knife for ???

BBC News - Brighton: Surgeon operated with penknife he uses to cut up lunch - BBC News
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c62g7ed3qzxo

Getting Boy Scouts out of horses' hooves

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

What's the most unusual thing you ever used a Swiss Army / Pen knife for ???

BBC News - Brighton: Surgeon operated with penknife he uses to cut up lunch - BBC News
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c62g7ed3qzxo

Watching numerous medical shows on TV, it's very common to use a kitchen knife and pen to create an airway in a patient's throat.