Normal Island

8 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

What was the inspector in the Sherlock Holmes books called? I bought the entire works of Sherlock Holmes when I had a heart attack. That was a fucker of a book. Must have been a 1000 pages. You knew about it when you dozed off and that hit you in the face.

I had it in my head that Lestrade was Poirot's sidekick, but that was Hastings, I think?

Lestrade was Conan Doyle's work, but I don't believe he ever sparkled in the moonlight, so the vampire lassie wins out on that one.

Edit: some classic Dawson Park Boy going on right now, BTW. Strongly-held opinions, admissions of ignorance, ludicrous comparisons, introduction of awful wife...marvellous stuff.

Edited by BFTD

10 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I had it in my head that Lestrade was Poirot's sidekick, but that was Hastings, I think?

Lestrade was Conan Doyle's work, but I don't believe he ever sparkled in the moonlight, so the vampire lassie wins out on that one.

Edit: some classic Dawson Park Boy going on right now, BTW. Strongly-held opinions, admissions of ignorance, ludicrous comparisons, introduction of awful wife...marvellous stuff.

Glad your enjoying it.

My pleasure.

Wont be too long now before the state funeral is over.

Im sure you’ll make it through.

11 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

The whole circus is utterly f*cking bonkers! It's like Invasion of the Body Snatchers. We few on P&B may be the last sane people living.

Last night, someone from the US was asking me how I was enjoying the carnival, and I had to admit that I'd barely noticed it. I don't watch much TV, and I live in part of Scotland where apparently nobody gives much of a f**k. No doubt there'll be some Wee County staunch soldiers shedding tears for Her Maj, but thankfully there don't appear to be enough to feel comfortable doing it in public.

Non-believers in the Home Counties have my absolute sympathy, however.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Steady on, the Covid Thread is still running. 

At this point, what on Earth do they talk about?

...no, don't answer that. It was bad enough encountering grown adults acting like teenagers who'd been asked to tidy their rooms by the cryptofascist parent regime.

Edited by BFTD

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

My taxes also pay for having an additional layer of government here in Scotland which achieves zero.

We can all find stuff to make such an argument.

The right of responsible access to our countryside (have you tried walking in the countryside down south!)

Smoking ban in pubs before it came in down in England

removal of bridge tolls

free prescriptions

free bus travel for my younger sons. 

Holyrood isn’t perfect but it has affected my life in far more positive ways than Westminster has. 

11 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Man charged after Prince Andrew allegedly heckled during Queen's coffin procession - Daily Record

absolutely normal yep, no threatening behavior, no bad language, just not being very nice. charged 

time to set some cars on fire

I think they'd have more of a case if he did that.

If he held a press conference outside the court to publicise the monarchy's history with noncery, I wonder how much of it would be reported. Also, is 'nonce' always an obscentity, or just when used to accurately describe our betters?