Normal Island

On 31/01/2024 at 12:15, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/jan/30/laurence-fox-culture-wars-high-court

"Did some randos calling him a “racist” on the platform formerly known as Twitter cost Laurence Fox his acting career? No, suggests a judgment from the high court, where a judge also found the actor turned thought leader to have defamed said randos by calling them “paedophiles”. You can’t just call any old person a paedophile, apparently – unless you’re the owner of Twitter/X, of course, and you get sued in the US as opposed to the UK, like Elon Musk did by that Thai cave rescue diver a few years back. Appearing on the steps outside a Los Angeles courtroom following his favourable verdict, Musk declared: “My faith in humanity is restored.” These were not the words of Laurence Fox yesterday."

FoxCunt.jpg.e1091866311f29ef30d5708cfc6729d7.jpg

Laurence Fox ordered to pay £90k to each of the folk he called 'paedophiles' on Twitter. Each time I read anything to do with this piece of ordure having judgements go against him just makes my day.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2024/apr/25/laurence-fox-ordered-to-pay-90000-pounds-to-two-people-he-called-paedophiles

39 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Laurence Fox ordered to pay £90k to each of the folk he called 'paedophiles' on Twitter. Each time I read anything to do with this piece of ordure having judgements go against him just makes my day.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2024/apr/25/laurence-fox-ordered-to-pay-90000-pounds-to-two-people-he-called-paedophiles

We all know how you get into the right wing, I got cancelled grift, but how do I get into the apparently lucrative counter-grift of provoking hyper-divorced man babies to call me names? 

Is it as simple as poking fun at them on social media?

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

We all know how you get into the right wing, I got cancelled grift, but how do I get into the apparently lucrative counter-grift of provoking hyper-divorced man babies to call me names? 

In ex-thespian Lozza's case, I think you're spot on.

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The right wing don't particularly care to have the pish taken out of them so you could be on to a winner. 

I find one of the funniest things in Private Eye is the letters from gammons cancelling their subscription because they're objecting to satire in a satirical magazine. 

7 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The right wing don't particularly care to have the pish taken out of them so you could be on to a winner. 

I find one of the funniest things in Private Eye is the letters from gammons cancelling their subscription because they're objecting to satire in a satirical magazine. 

The general impression you get is that, while they may have been a subscriber for 50-odd years, they'd never actually read any issues until the one that caused offence.

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

They only read the cartoons. Bet the real reason the auld duffers cancelled is because their order from the Christmas Gnome Market didn't arrive.

BeCMlig.png

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/live-parking-ticket-protest-sees-9257047

"I've parked my car, truck and van off the pavements and they'll be staying there. I don't want another ticket. I've let a few people through out of courtesy but no bins will be getting emptied on Thursday - it's not my problem."

Sounds like the road is too narrow for on street parking. Council should get some double yellows down stat.

17 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

BeCMlig.png

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/live-parking-ticket-protest-sees-9257047

Sounds like the road is too narrow for on street parking. Council should get some double yellows down stat.

Absolutely gone at the fact that story has a live updates thread like a breaking news story or big sporting event on the national press sites or the BBC. 

The polis should refrain from getting involved and just bide their time until mad Trev from number 34 inevitably ends up threatening to attack the van with a crowbar because he can't get past to go to the kebab shop. That should get Gary to move it and provide an exciting finale to the live updates.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Dugs must vote Labour- eternal optimists, thinking they're going to get a share of everthing, bit thick, rather slobbery. 

Cats are, of course, Tory cnuts. 

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Dugs must vote Labour- eternal optimists, thinking they're going to get a share of everthing, bit thick, rather slobbery. 

Cats are, of course, Tory cnuts. 

I love cats, but this is true. Even why you catch them looking at you in a "caring" manner, they're essentially trying to size up how much of you they could eat before you're annoyed enough to batter them.

On 27/04/2024 at 13:46, Florentine_Pogen said:

Potential for more?

Police are investigating a social media post by Laurence Fox, in which he shared an upskirt photograph of a female TV presenter.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/laurence-fox-police-narinder-kaur-b2538389.html

Used to think he was maybe 70/30 grifting arsehole/actual arsehole, but now I’m not sure there is any actual grift and he’s just completely OFTW.