Normal Island

9 hours ago, ICTChris said:

A few months ago, this advert got a lot of attention. It’s for staff at a car wash in Texas.

9088E190-6A99-42A1-B3E7-C0B6A6CEE1BB.thumb.webp.dc5b29de3013fc2b6c2ca3cd59d42fe8.webp

An assistant general manager of a car wash paid about the same as an NHS consultant. I mean, I’m sure those salaries might not be typical for working in a car wash in the US but damn.

Breaking Bad Revisited: Season 4, Episodes 5-7 | Stand By For Mind Control

On 04/04/2024 at 12:50, BFTD said:

"Hey, I've never heard of Buc-ees before. What do you do?"
"That doesn't matter - the important thing is that our toilets don't have skidmarks."

image.png.e8ff4db97dc4773174e087d94b100779.png

The wall of jerky is a thing to behold

3 hours ago, Peil said:

The wall of jerky is a thing to behold

Some of my ex-wife's cousins had a wall of jerky in their bathroom when they were at college.

Apparently it was like a Jackson Pollock when you brought in a blacklight.

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Some of my ex-wife's cousins had a wall of jerky in their bathroom when they were at college.

Ah to be young again.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Uh huh.

3 minutes ago, velo army said:

Uh huh.

Oh please. P&B is the first to know about my horrifying adventures.

The computer company director, hoping to unseat Tory MP Andrew Bowie, called for meat-eaters to “eat other humans” and said humanity should be “obliterated”, according to the Mail on Sunday.

Clearly a big Cattle Decapitation fan.

I love how the picture used for this article is of David Attenborough as an example of a human being that the loon wanted to be obliterated  :lol:

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.png.15d568f1790d2f4b649264e8bf436255.png

The Reform Rabble are hardly the Brains Trust.

Firstly, Fields Medal recipient Laurence Fox fails to apply in time as a Mayoral Candidate in London because of "difficulty in comprehending the forms".

Now their head honcho can't discriminate being a live human and a corpse due to 'ignorance'.

Some will vote for these c*nts.

On 04/04/2024 at 15:18, ICTChris said:

A few months ago, this advert got a lot of attention. It’s for staff at a car wash in Texas.

9088E190-6A99-42A1-B3E7-C0B6A6CEE1BB.thumb.webp.dc5b29de3013fc2b6c2ca3cd59d42fe8.webp

An assistant general manager of a car wash paid about the same as an NHS consultant. I mean, I’m sure those salaries might not be typical for working in a car wash in the US but damn.

Due to US legislation my company is now required to publish US salary ranges on its internal job platform.

Which confirmed what all of us kind of knew, for the exact same job UK Vs US our salary would at the very least double, and could well triple. Bonus percentages are also significantly higher and medical health insurance fully covered.

The downside is the reduced annual leave but they also seem to treat their staff better in terms of flexible WFH policies (and they do a 9 day fortnight).

The economist published an article recently saying the UK is now closer to Slovenia than it is Denmark (never mind the great chasm to the US).

My work do a lot of outsourcing to Poland which they are rolling back because the salary differential is so low it is no longer worth it.

If you are young and can get out of the UK you probably should - I haven't lived there since 2016 and no intention of going back!