Normal Island

20 hours ago, Detournement said:

This guy is peak British public brain.

Starts off talking absolute shite. Gets called on it. Reacts by multiplying his mad claim ten fold. 

Never seen that before but that’s insane. Imagine sitting on over 80 grand a year and thinking “I’m not in the top 50% of earners.” Wild. 

1 hour ago, speckled tangerine said:

He wrote Father Ted. What the actual f**k happened with him?

It was pointed out to him that an episode of The IT Crowd was transphobic and unfunny. Rather than taking it on the chin, he chose to go entirely fucking bananas. To the point his wife’s left him because of it. 

Stolen from elsewhere, but here's a summary of Linehan's descent into madness.

For continuing analysis of the alleged Father Ted writer's exceptionally public breakdown and subsequent deterioration

Timeline of events:

- Done a bad transphobia in IT Crowd episode
- JK Rowling
- Instead of saying "soz", became the most notable transphobe on the planet
- Spent 21 hours a day on twitter misgendering, insulting and brigading trans people and their allies
- Attempted to have trans charity Mermaids' lottery funding pulled
- hbomberguy live stream to counter this raises $300,000 for Mermaids instead
- then Mermaids got the lottery money anyway, meaning Graham failed on every level it is possible to have failed
- Depth charged his own career, lost his family
- JK Rowling
- Starting calling people paedophiles on Twitter
- Again: threw away his wife and children, his career and any positive legacy in order to call people paedophiles on Twitter       
- Got kicked off Twitter permanently
- JK Rowling
- JK Rowling
- Now subsists on thin gruel of his newly in-the-low-hundreds audience (down from 700k)
- Graham sleeps in a racing car, do you?
- JK Rowling
- Solicits sex from brothel called "Brighton Belles"
- JK Rowling
- Started sending things in the post to people like bizarre transphobic birthday cakes and white feathers (?!)
- Created false account on "Her" dating app to post peoples' private images
- National reportage of this incident painted him quite accurately as a pathetic moron
- Went to Parliament and made an absolute loser of himself, again
- Attended genuinely pathetic "Women Won't Wheesht" event with cum all over his jeans
- Sung Fairytale of New York at said event, pointedly leaving in the F-slur. And in July
- JK Rowling
- Attended further Women Won't Wheesht events to creep on fellow TERFs
- Shouted "Lesbians do not date women" at one of these events, baffling every living human being on the planet
- Has paid Substack blog on which his sanity has clearly evaporated entirely
- Has paid Patreon blog that peaked at 23 subscribers and is now at 20 18 17
- JK Rowling
- Interviewed on GB News, came across as the fucking lunatic that he is, on verge of tears constantly
- Entire income is now tied to bigotry, no entertainment industry work forthcoming
- Again again: has literally lost everything in order to post hate on Twitter which he is now banned from
- JK Rowling
- Constantly boasts of buying new SIM cards to circumvent Twitter bans
- JK Rowling
- His sock accounts are instantly discovered and banned anyway
- JK Rowling
- Doxed his own "Barney Rubble" sock account due to stupidity
- Is generally speaking an embarrassment to all
- JK Rowling

Graham's accomplishments thus far: Raised an enormous amount of money and awareness for trans people, lost own career, friends and family, is the stupidest c**t on the planet.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

He was disputing being in the Top 5% of earners not top 50%.

Apparently he is wrong about that anyway, which surprised me a lot. I wouldn't have thought £80k would put you anywhere near the top 5% but there you go.

I know, but he also claims not to be in the top 50% at one point. Which is fucking insanity. 

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Apparently he is wrong about that anyway, which surprised me a lot. I wouldn't have thought £80k would put you anywhere near the top 5% but there you go.

So in summary he is a self-entitled dick, who made a complete arse of himself. 

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You are definitely a kindred spirit of that guy.

5 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

It was pointed out to him that an episode of The IT Crowd was transphobic and unfunny. Rather than taking it on the chin, he chose to go entirely fucking bananas. To the point his wife’s left him because of it. 

Pretty normal reaction IMO. My boss told me a bit of work I'd done recently wasn't up to scratch so I hurled myself through a glass door then pished my pants in front of everyone in the office.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I looked at salary percentiles not that long ago. It is absolutely wild how close to the top you get with what seems like fairly normal salaries. The average salary in Edinburgh puts you in the top 20% UK wide.