Normal Island

Other than siphoning off a bit more public money to somebody's mate's printing/framing company, it's a small price to pay for making sure the plebs know their place from an early age.

Now, if we can only enforce a brief moment of daily worship before ARE GLOURIOUS LEADER's graven image, we'll be set.

44 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Other than siphoning off a bit more public money to somebody's mate's printing/framing company, it's a small price to pay for making sure the plebs know their place from an early age.

Now, if we can only enforce a brief moment of daily worship before ARE GLOURIOUS LEADER's graven image, we'll be set.

Can't say there's much wrong with that, given that according to the Church of Scotland website "All Scottish schools (Catholic and non-denominational) are required to provide Religious Observance events, now also known as Time for Reflection. Chaplains and Schools fulfilling the Religious Observance requirement should complete an RO record for each event that can be kept for Inspection."

What a fkkn stupid country.

49 minutes ago, BTFD said:

You jest, but I'm anticipating an American style pledging allegiance to the crown is on the horizon.

I would not put it past this UK government.

3 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Can't say there's much wrong with that, given that according to the Church of Scotland website "All Scottish schools (Catholic and non-denominational) are required to provide Religious Observance events, now also known as Time for Reflection. Chaplains and Schools fulfilling the Religious Observance requirement should complete an RO record for each event that can be kept for Inspection."

What a fkkn stupid country.

Yeah, but I'll bet most of them are talking about Jesus or some other radical lefty like Corbyn, or Hitler.

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

You jest, but I'm anticipating an American style pledging allegiance to the crown is on the horizon.

You had to pledge allegiance to the Queen to join the Scouts. Being a young soul rebel I'm sure I had my fingers crossed behind my back when I did that. 

1 hour ago, BTFD said:

Yeah, but I'll bet most of them are talking about Jesus or some other radical lefty like Corbyn, or Hitler.

When I did my Spanish night class at the local RC high school there was a big picture of the Pope looking at you creepily as you went in

I should clarify that I'm not saying all popes look creepy but even his most devout followers would have to admit that the one before this one looked like the evil emperor from star wars. The current one looks more like Jim and Tommy Mclean's long lost brother

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Aye I wouldn't be surprised, get the kids indoctrinated to keep that gravy train running for future generations.

I used to work with a boy who made his wife and kids stand up and salute the queen at Xmas when she did her speech.  He was from down south and ex forces to the surprise of absolutely no one.

59 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

You had to pledge allegiance to the Queen to join the Scouts. Being a young soul rebel I'm sure I had my fingers crossed behind my back when I did that. 

"I promise that I will do my best, to do my duty to God and to the Queen, to help other people, and to keep the Cub Scout Law; a Cub Scout always does his best, thinks of others before himself, and does a good turn every day"

Every week for years, while saluting the Butcher's Apron. Been 35 years and I still remember it word for word. Definitely not indoctrination, though. Thankfully I didn't have it  buggered into me, although I understand that's not uncommon.

red-dwarf-rimmer.gif

3 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Aye I wouldn't be surprised, get the kids indoctrinated to keep that gravy train running for future generations.

I used to work with a boy who made his wife and kids stand up and salute the queen at Xmas when she did her speech.  He was from Govan, in the lodge and had a season ticket at Ibrox to the surprise of absolutely no one.

Ftfy.

7 hours ago, btb said:

GB News running with the possibility that the flight disruption over the past few days was due to an error by a French airline.

Damned Frogs!

What kind of air traffic control system are we using if it can be totally fucked by an error by an airline. 

13 hours ago, 101 said:

What kind of air traffic control system are we using if it can be totally fucked by an error by an airline. 

Given that it's the UK air traffic control system probably the cheapest one available to make the maximum profit. 

mainframe.jpg.461588ac755d5b8ba8d13ba80cc0f6ca.jpg

German ATS

speccy.jpg.37a45933a054f3837fe6375dd74aa697.jpg

UK ATS 

9 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Given that it's the UK air traffic control system probably the cheapest one available to make the maximum profit. 

mainframe.jpg.461588ac755d5b8ba8d13ba80cc0f6ca.jpg

German ATS

speccy.jpg.37a45933a054f3837fe6375dd74aa697.jpg

UK ATS 

Wish I could zoom in on that more to find out what Ultimate isometric game it is. Knight Lore? Sabre Wulf? You any ideas @BTFD?

ETA - the 2 icons and numbers above each other on the bottom left make me think it might be Head Over Heels. 

ETA 2 - I'm old as f**k. 

Edited by carpetmonster

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Samantha Fox's strip poker

I've just found out there's some walkthru videos of that on YouTube. That was pre-chugging age for me, wonder if I could muster it now?

ETA - as Harry Hill would say, 'there's only one way to find out'

Edited by carpetmonster

38 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Wish I could zoom in on that more to find out what Ultimate isometric game it is. Knight Lore? Sabre Wulf? You any ideas @BTFD?

ETA - the 2 icons and numbers above each other on the bottom left make me think it might be Head Over Heels. 

ETA 2 - I'm old as f**k. 

Aye, that looks like Head Over Heels. I use to have that exact joystick, incidentally - pretty decent, as I recall. Instant crash if you so much as breathed on the Kempston interface sticking out the back, though.

Can't imagine that anyone actually managed to rub one out to Sam Fox Strip Poker or Leisure Suit Larry, but anything's possible. Hot uncensored NSFW pics below for those too young to remember.

Spoiler

samantha-fos-strip-poker-1.png?w=500&h=3

image.jpeg.ce2bc2e2ccda7db007ac7ed2c7eb7ed1.jpeg

16 hours ago, 101 said:

Pretty much any air traffic control system could be fucked by an error by an airline. A plane flying into the tower for instance. A pretty big error, but still an error.

On 29/08/2023 at 13:46, tamthebam said:

I know that the oath of office for police in England and Wales is a pledge of allegiance to the king, id find that beyond what i’d be comfortable with.