Normal Island

2 hours ago, AuAl said:

A record breaking number of signatures for a petition to the Welsh Senedd - all because folk have been instructed they aren't allowed to drive over 20mph in some urban areas - mostly residential areas.

Mark Drakeford being sent death threats about it.

Normal island indeed.

But I thought the local councils could overrule the new default and set the limits to whatever they want

39 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's bizarre that a failed actor, embittered by not inheriting the Morse/Lewis prime time Detective Inspector gig, gets headline news for being rude to somebody nobody's heard of on a TV channel hardly anyone watches.

You seen the lassie he was slagging off about her looks? She is no bad at all, no idea wtf he is on.

8 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

You seen the lassie he was slagging off about her looks? She is no bad at all, no idea wtf he is on.

This is what I was trying to say earlier. I'd be all over her like a rash, until the neighbours complained about the smell etc etc.

I think it's important when the poor girl's confidence has taken a knock that she knows there's no shortage of takers out there. She only has to lift the phone .

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

This is what I was trying to say earlier. I'd be all over her like a rash, until the neighbours complained about the smell etc etc.

I think it's important when the poor girl's confidence has taken a knock that she knows there's no shortage of takers out there. She only has to lift the phone .

“And that’s how Sarge and I met and why you are all here at our wedding!”

22 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

She could have been the 2nd coming of Marilyn Monroe (insert Kenneth gif), it doesn't matter. The performative nastiness and cruelty was the point.

As I said on the RB thread it's not even as if it was a spontaneous rant, LF/DW and the production bosses all knew what was about to be said and deemed it fit for broadcast.

A phone call might have been polite.

By matter of interest for the audience contributors do a pre interview before going on, so they knew exactly what I intended to say.

I fully defend the the home of free speech’s right to capitulate to the mob… https://t.co/RQJsYZDbnw pic.twitter.com/9MTwhMDXOZ

— Laurence Fox (@LozzaFox) September 27, 2023

33 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Presumably his misogyny and casual fascism came up during the divorce proceedings, so hearing a woman oppose his views has become an instant boner killer.

Happily, there are solutions for a horny man of independent means who requires that his mates be much younger and mute.

27 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

She could have been the 2nd coming of Marilyn Monroe (insert Kenneth gif), it doesn't matter. The performative nastiness and cruelty was the point.

The implication was that she'd be dissapointed that a creepy man about 20 years older than her didn't want to have sex with her. I'm nearly 20 years older than him and I'd find the presumption and even raising the scenario utterly revolting. 

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The implication was that she'd be dissapointed that a creepy man about 20 years older than her didn't want to have sex with her. I'm nearly 20 years older than him and I'd find the presumption and even raising the scenario utterly revolting. 

We're getting close to Lozza Fox replacing @throbber's dad in the "I wouldn't want to shag him either" stakes.

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm not entirely sure what's going on in your scenario. Is it you and her or you and him?

ETA I'm not judging you, each to there own!

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

45 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

She’s apparently 40 and he’s 45

which suggests that her paper round was substantially easier 

Fox never has, and never will scrub a toilet in his life, coming from a wealthy family and earning enough money from being a showbiz kid to live off until he dies.

Truly, a man of principle who has suffered greatly...uhh...somehow.