Normal Island

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Really worried that this is set up so that we (by we, I mean me) have no days off work. Quick Google suggests that we won't be off except for her funeral which is 10 days after the announcement which would be a fucking Sunday.

As agreed by the Queen and the prime minister, the day of the funeral will be declared a day of national mourning, although a bank holiday will not be granted.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Fucking hell.

"Meghan not travelling because she's not welcome, Kate not travelling because the children have just started school"

I’m not sure if it’s more impressive that they’re trying to maintain the illusion that the Royal spawn can’t miss school because they’ll need their A-Level English if they want to succeed in this world, or that they don’t want to say there’s no point pulling them out to go see a stiff. 

Just now, Gibby82 said:

As agreed by the Queen and the prime minister, the day of the funeral will be declared a day of national mourning, although a bank holiday will not be granted.

So we won't be off work, at all?

f**k sake. May as well just call the whole thing off then. She's better than the replacements and that was the only benefit that swung it IMO.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Fucking hell.

"Meghan not travelling because she's not welcome, Kate not travelling because the children have just started school"

Och, it just proves they're a normal family after all.........

"Mummy, why is Auntie Meghan not coming ?"

"Because nobody speaks to her and we all hate her guts......."

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

I’m not sure if it’s more impressive that they’re trying to maintain the illusion that the Royal spawn can’t miss school because they’ll need their A-Level English if they want to succeed in this world, or that they don’t want to say there’s no point pulling them out to go see a stiff. 

For me, it was more the fact that Witchell clearly hates Meghan Markle, but Kate Middleton can do no wrong.

He also said all of that about 2 minutes after Huw Edwards said they wouldn't be speculating

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

No holiday confirmed:

Screenshot_20220908_165652_Chrome.jpg

Fuming at this. Hopefully no football is cancelled for this farce.

Surely to f**k we'll at least get a day for the coronation of whatever inbred paedophile is sitting on the big shiny chair next?

Bbc going with that the Queen would want to know that the United Kingdom would remain a United Kingdom line as she's thought to be dying or dead is horrendous patter. Ffs.

Edited by Ludo*1