Scotland v Denmark

Scary Bear

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I do wonder if the Porteous call-up, however, points to Clarke wanting to leave out some of the key players who are walking the tightrope (namely Robertson, Gilmour and McGinn). It could suggest Tierney is playing LWB and extra cover is needed in the back three. I hope this is not the case. 

I did think that, but it would go against everything he said in the press. I suppose the simplest answer is probably right as Jambomo mentioned extra cover at centre back and give a young player a taste of a squad.

Edited by 2426255

It’ll most likely be:

Gordon
Hendry-Cooper-Tierney
SOD-Gilmour-McGregor-Robertson
McGinn
Adams-Dykes

I do wonder if the Porteous call-up, however, points to Clarke wanting to leave out some of the key players who are walking the tightrope (namely Robertson, Gilmour and McGinn). It could suggest Tierney is playing LWB and extra cover is needed in the back three. I hope this is not the case. 

Porteous would be suspended for the play offs. Imagine him up against the Danes. Red card within half an hour.

15 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Best place to park coming from the east? Have always taken the train to Scotland games but driving tomorrow and have no idea.

Menock Road. 

Short walk, never sat in traffic very long at all while leaving. Out through Castlemilk, East Kilbride etc. 

This will be Porteous’ 3rd call up probably without getting a cap.

Obviously will see it with keepers all the time but I wonder if there’s a record for the most called up player without being capped.

Looking forward to this tonight, half day at work, Tennents lager is calling my name.

58 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:

do the danes have any suspended or injured? anyone of note?

Damsgaard, Dolberg, Braithwaite, Hojbjerg (Possibly), Stryger Larsen and Wind would all be considered first team players but also other backup players like Norgaard, Jensen, Lindstrom, Andersen, Daramy and Skov so they're pretty ravaged. In fact the front three that played against England in the Euro 2020 Semi are all injured as well as Hojbjerg (Possibly) and Stryger Larsen.

Edited by 2426255

2 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Probably just so he has plenty of options for subbing off suspension risks later on in the game if we're leading comfortably or (more likely) getting trounced.

This is my thought too. We get five subs ,(I think) and if we are getting humped  3-0  at half time you can bet all those yellow card players are coming off. 

We want to avoid the worst case scenario of being unseeded as well as losing a bunch of players to suspension

So many factors at play tonight. Will Denmark have the cigars out? Will Adams and Dykes be up top? Will Stevie pick Stuart Armstrong?  God I hope not.

Got to go for 3 points here so should be a great game. Certainly don't think they'll dominate us like the first game. Gerrintaethem