Potty Mouth

johnnydun

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Motherf*cker is a great word.

58 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

There is absolutely no situation where you wouldn't be better served using 'bobbins' in place of a swear word.

Watched a film once where a young Robert De Niro called everyone he met a Melon Farmer.

P.S. A later example..

Edited by welshbairn

53 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

It's been a thing of hate for me for many years as, probably, i only ever heard it used in a negative, insulting way. As for the reference to a lady's hootenanny, it's even more detestable.  I accept that i'm more than likely in a minority given the constant use of the "c" word on here.

Yeah, oddly although I use the word 'c**t' pretty often, both positively and negativity, I never use it as how it was originally meant.

27 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

I swear a lot, I've trained myself to swear in Spanish and Dutch at work so that colleagues don't know just how much of a sweary c**t I am. 

When I was leaving the Netherlands back in 2011 I had a leaving interview with my boss (in Dutch) who was genuinely sad to see me go, he said that I had left my mark on the organisation. I asked in what way, he said "just listen".

The canteen was next door and you could hear them all chatting away in Dutch and saying fucking every second word, I only swore in English at work while speaking Dutch, they had all started to do the same.

Some fucking mark to leave.

It just rolled off my tongue the other day....

My boss (A United fan), who is well mannered and very rarely swears, was winding up a Hibee in the office about Uniteds win against them the other week, I interrupted their conversation and said to my boss 'You're just a fuckin' dick are yea?'.

Reading it back... nah, I am completely fine with what I said.

The only swearing that bothers me is when people use the word "fucking" as filler, where other people would say "umm" or "err". Usually said in a completely flat monotone by someone apparently struggling to remember who they are, exactly what happened, and the concept of communication in general. Basically Dee Dee.

"So I was...fucking...off tae...fucking...hingmy's bit, when...fucking...the fucking bus...fucking...turns up, and...fucking...

"GET TO THE FUCKING POINT"

10 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I swear constantly.

To the point where I sometimes think I swear too much.

I swear at home.

I swear at work.

I swear at the football (obvs).

I swear in public.

I even think I swear too much when writing posts on here.

Is it just I have a difficulty expressing myself with words or is it just because swearing is the norm? Or am I offending people constantly?

What are P&B's thoughts on swearing?

bronson-tom-hardy.gif.d80eeaa36f4e4543989fbabe5520dddd.gif

28 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

That's an interesting observation , I don't think anybody does.

Currently seeing a lassie who does use the word as intended. And that's all I have to say about that. 

My worst swearing habit is using "as f**k" as an intensifier which I feel atrophies my vocabulary somewhat 

9 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

American women especially hate the c word yet generally have no problem with the term motherf*cker which to my mind should be more offensive.

Canadians hate it to When Kevin "Bloody"Wilson was about to start his Canadian tour years a go he was warned not to say it That was enough for him to write them a new song "You can not say c" "t in Canada" Sure someone will manage to post it on here

11 minutes ago, maicoman said:

Canadians hate it to When Kevin "Bloody"Wilson was about to start his Canadian tour years a go he was warned not to say it That was enough for him to write them a new song "You can not say c" "t in Canada" Sure someone will manage to post it on here

DILLIGAF.

10 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

In the week of the passing of Sir Uncle Walter(RIP)this thread is a timely tribute.

The BBC Scotland record for the most bleepings was in a documentary about Busby, Stein and Shankley where they mentioned the Juniors and decided to feature Blantyre Vics manager Jim Sinnett's half time talk...

11 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I swear constantly.

To the point where I sometimes think I swear too much.

I swear at home.

I swear at work.

I swear at the football (obvs).

I swear in public.

I even think I swear too much when writing posts on here.

Is it just I have a difficulty expressing myself with words or is it just because swearing is the norm? Or am I offending people constantly?

What are P&B's thoughts on swearing?

ITS A FUCKING b*****dING CUNTING BUTTERY. 

Do I swear? Well I do live up to my current avatar..

I'm trying not to swear as much at work though. It's hard as 1) I work with the public and 2) I work with a bunch of snakey c's.

I've actually started using the milder words "ya p***k" in recent years although some even find that offensive. The Prix.

Just now, tamthebam said:

Do I swear? Well I do live up to my current avatar..

I'm trying not to swear as much at work though. It's hard as 1) I work with the public and 2) I work with a bunch of snakey c's.

I've actually started using the milder words "ya p***k" in recent years although some even find that offensive. The Prix.

Hello, good evening and bollocks!

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

ITS A FUCKING b*****dING CUNTING BUTTERY. 

Just now, tamthebam said:

Are you starting a row,eh...?

I started it last night, and quite fitting for this thread. I shouted from my car to Mullarkey 'It's a fuckin' Rowie!' 😄