Accies vs Raith…Part Deux, McGowen out or not…

13 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

Yes, for the play offs last season the Sportsound “experts” gave the Dees no chance. It’s, I’m disappointed to say, a Scottish phenomenon that those football experts  in the west dismiss with ignorant alacrity those pesky teams in the East. 

I genuinely hope that Raith Rovers win the Championship. Just hope we don’t pass you on the way down!

Can I be honest, I love Dens Park. Us teams from the East gotta stick together…..sometimes 

Rovers, Thistle and Killie seem the only three sides that can win the title for me. No surprise they probably have the three best managers in the league.

Killie most likely will win it - as they should - but it’s definitely there for other teams to fight for. They’re certainly far from a sure thing.

48 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I think our season will hinge on how we handle our business in January. Varian and Tait are scheduled to return to their parent clubs. Last season, the players we brought in for the second half of the season weren't of the proper standard we needed (even though we were a bawhair away from finishing second). Abraham offered practically nothing. I'd forgotten Adam King existed until this morning. I can't even remember of the name of the centre half we brought in from Dundee United who barely played. Kai Kennedy was a big downgrade on Ethan Ross too. 

I had actually forgotten about that CB...

Another very Lacklustre performance, the first goal was unfortunate, but we must respond better to these things when they happen.

I'll say it again and I'll continue saying it until he leaves, Matheson is an absolute liability defensively and will continue to get rinsed by anyone who attacks down our right side. Mullin again throwing away chances to attack by making the wrong decision and overall we are too lightweight for this league.

Good to see Scott Martin back, got stuck in and actually looked like himself before injury, a positive if we can get him back in the side.

Probably a very unpopular opinion here, but I feel sorry for Taylor. There's a lot of negativity around the club atm and rightly so for obvious reasons. But I genuinely don't think anyone could do much better with this current group of players.

I'll say it again and I'll continue saying it until he leaves, Matheson is an absolute liability defensively and will continue to get rinsed by anyone who attacks down our right side.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a player transferred for a million quid last year to stand out in the Scottish Championship. And stand out he did…

As routine a win as you’ll get in this league. Not really sure what happened with the first goal, looked very like the guy miscontrolled a fluffed ball across goal from Varian but lack of rage from the Accies fans suggests it wasn’t as bad as that. And we didn’t really look back from there, we were clinical rather than dominant but we looked dangerous every time we went forward. Second half was a bit weird, Accies should’ve scored in the opening minutes but after that nothing really happened aside from a steady stream of home fans leaving for the final half hour in various stages of meltdown.

Big result after some indifferent draws. Another one next week would be great before a tough run of fixtures.

As routine a win as you could hope to see against as mediocre a side as you could hope to come up against.

Enjoyed the atmosphere in the away end but the sex offender pish needs punted ASAP. Saw some stewards wading in so thought they might have put them on notice but seems not.

Edited by ribzanelli

43 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

As routine a win as you could hope to see against as mediocre a side as you could hope to come up against.

Enjoyed the atmosphere in the away end but the sex offender pish needs punted ASAP. Saw some stewards wading in so thought they might have put them on notice but seems not.

All fans need to cut this behaviour out. It’s so unnecessary and not even slightly funny.

I said at the start of the season Raith were a good shout to be top of the gang and they are in there fighting as expected.

A side who play good football where every man knows his job with a Manager who sets them up well.

Only downside is the constant Paedo pish from the Young Team and perhaps they also need a geography lesson as Hamilton most definitely not "weegieland".

Worrying times for Accies fans and the many regulars staying away need to realise that all that is achieving is giving McGowan an easy time.A decent home support hounding him is what is needed and less keyboard warrior.

A struggling very young team also needs the support more than ever as they are in a relegation dogfight against sides full of experienced,hardened professionals.A position they never expected to be in and they will have to learn to fight and scrap their way to safety.

Finally, the return of the glorious 70's/80's  football moustache on full display.I think it was Ryan Tumilty?

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I somewhat agree.

However, the fact that he's refusing to to change his 'philosophy' or 'The Process' to adapt to the shite squad he's inherited shows me he's extremely stubborn. And it will probably end up costing us our place in the Championship if he doesn't have a change of heart (or sign some decent players in January, which we all know won't/can't happen).

I understand where you're coming from, it definitely seems like the tactic is to stick with the same routine to practice and get better, which sometimes pays off and sometimes doesn't. 

The thing for me is, I can see how he wants the team to play, but the personal is just lacking in quality to execute it properly.

I would really like to see him get a full transfer window and some backing in it, cause maybe if he can get some players he wants could make a difference. But as you say under the current regime, that won't happen.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a player transferred for a million quid last year to stand out in the Scottish Championship. And stand out he did…

Not really sure what happened with the first goal, looked very like the guy miscontrolled a fluffed ball across goal from Varian

There was a lot of excitement around his signing, but he has been one of our worst performers. It's clear he has some ability on the ball, but if you're full back you need to be able to defend, and literally everyone thats taken him on, has beaten him easily.

Just to clear up, it definitely was MacDonald that scored it (Seen some news outlets reporting it was Matheson), as you say it was a ball across the box, he's put a foot in to intercept it, and it's bounced in.

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

If that is true, then he needs to be punted ASAP

I recall that Hamilton were first talking to Ross County about Shaw, but when Killie showed interest he wanted to join us. 

Shaw scored a fair number of goals last season in top league, so I don’t believe any championship manager would not want him 

3 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Just to clear up, it definitely was MacDonald that scored it (Seen some news outlets reporting it was Matheson), as you say it was a ball across the box, he's put a foot in to intercept it, and it's bounced in.

What exactly happened, was it going in anyway or was it a bit of a howler? Was tough to tell from the other end!

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I can also confirm that not only is Hamilton weegieland but it also sits on the west coast.

An og methinks! 🥴

It's nowhere near the coast! Maybe there's a Hamilton elsewhere that's on the coast but the Scottish version certainly ain't.