Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

4 of us tried from 9am.  Never got close. 

I was a member of SSC from 1995 u til a couple of years ago when two if the kids we took started university and had amateur football and work commitments.  Think the straw that broke the camels back was it taking 4hrs to drive from Dundee to Hampden for a midweek game and still missing the first 15 mins...and we got pumped.

Ach well, my loss is Ukraine's gain as I donated what would have been my ticket money to International Red Cross Ukraine Appeal.  (Although other non-Ukraine appeals are available.

Accessed website at 930am ish, placed in a 15 minute queue. Got in after the 15 minutes. Wasnt able to purchase tickets initially as it wasnt yet 10am but was able to do so shortly before 10am. 4 tickets bought without problem. 

I have been charged £20 for 2 of the tickets and £25 for other 2 - no idea how that's happened. 4 seats all next to each other purchased in one transaction. Anyone else had similar?

This game absolutely should go ahead if the Ukrainians want it to. If it does we treat it like another game and go hell for leather to win. I'll be getting right behind the team and, briefly, will be forgetting that they're at war with Russia. 

It will be a great opportunity for Ukraine to give their fellows back home something to cheer about, so they'll be highly motivated. We should turn up and give our team the vociferous support we would have done had world events not unfolded in such an alarming manner. It will add to the occasion and, honestly, I think it would do our opponents (and their fans)a massive disservice if we were to give anything less.

I eventually got into the ticket site at around 11:30 where the game was marked as sold out. I refreshed five minutes later, and the sold out banner had gone. I clicked into the seating plan to see all the stadium marked as grey and unavailable. However, although the dropdowns were blank on the pane to the left hand side, I just selected two tickets and I managed to get two tickets with a reduced view in the East Stand for £22 each.

So who will replace Russia in the playoffs?
Educated guess is Slovakia who came 3rd in Russia's Group (H). Russia finished on 18 points which saw them seeded but Slovakia finished on 14 which would rank them as unseeded. No idea if the latter fact will be factored in or not.

Maybe Hungary as the next best Nations League team? Or more likely, Poland get a bye, same as Red Bull Leipzig.

Would give a big advantage to Poland in their final, given it’s just a few days after the semi. Can’t see that being an option that Sweden/Czech Republic would be delighted about.

10 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Maybe Hungary as the next best Nations League team? Or more likely, Poland get a bye, same as Red Bull Leipzig.

I don’t see them just getting a bye makes it unfair on the winner of Sweden-Czechia having played an additional game in the same international window.

Obviously you can counter that by saying it’s unfair on the rest of the teams in the Europa league but Leipzig are still playing games.

Getting in no bother now, only game sold out is play off v Ukraine. 

Is the game sold out though?
I am sure they previously said the Israel and Denmark games were sold out then tickets became available in the Upper South Stand.
I have already bought a 4 game package but never saw tickets available for the middle sections of the upper tier.
Has anyone bought tickets for that part of the ground today?

Given that Russia's suspension could technically be lifted at any point I'd say only a bye makes proper sense.

However, there's also the Women's Euros where Russia will have to be replaced by someone for the sake of the tournament (most likely Portugal, who they beat in a playoff), so they may bring someone in for consistency.

Another possibility is Bosnia & Herzegovina, who are the highest ranked Nations League team not either qualified or in the play-offs.

Is the game sold out though?
I am sure they previously said the Israel and Denmark games were sold out then tickets became available in the Upper South Stand.
I have already bought a 4 game package but never saw tickets available for the middle sections of the upper tier.
Has anyone bought tickets for that part of the ground today?

Centre of South Upper is debenture seats. If the debenture holders don’t take up their seat then they’re sold to the public.

I’d imagine there’ll be a small number of tickets on sale from handed back away tickets, comps, hospitality etc. I’m not sure if the front 3 rows of the east and west have gone up either as they’re restricted view.

15 hours ago, velo army said:

This game absolutely should go ahead if the Ukrainians want it to. If it does we treat it like another game and go hell for leather to win. I'll be getting right behind the team and, briefly, will be forgetting that they're at war with Russia. 

It will be a great opportunity for Ukraine to give their fellows back home something to cheer about, so they'll be highly motivated. We should turn up and give our team the vociferous support we would have done had world events not unfolded in such an alarming manner. It will add to the occasion and, honestly, I think it would do our opponents (and their fans)a massive disservice if we were to give anything less.

Great post. What is happening just now is truly awful and I hope we give the Ukrainians in Hampden a warm welcome and show solidarity. But totally agree, From a sporting side i will be right behind the boys and I hope we batter them on route to qatar!

16 hours ago, velo army said:

50 minutes ago, Elgin Macca said:

Great post. What is happening just now is truly awful and I hope we give the Ukrainians in Hampden a warm welcome and show solidarity. But totally agree, From a sporting side i will be right behind the boys and I hope we batter them on route to qatar!

Yeah, we wouldn't want the war between Ukraine and Russia to impact upon Scotland reaching Qatar 2022. So let's just forget about the war for that 90 minutes, crack on and worry about it all after when we've got what we wanted. Sounds fantastic. 😅

Edited by 2426255