Raith Rovers v Kilmarnock - 11/12/21

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

Not a fan of the Exchequer. As others have said it’s a pretty bland place. The Novar is definitely the best football pub option. A good alternative if you’re bringing kids is The Duchess. Less of a football pub, but a nice place with plenty of space. 

Or if you're after something a bit more Clansmanesque, there's the Estuary on Links Street.

If you're going to the Novar and needing a meal you'd be strongly advised to book. When you're doing that ask for a table on the bar side of the pub so you'll be able to see one of the three screens. If you're placed on the lounge side you can't see them.

Novar Bar, Nicol Street Kdy 01592 598090

https://www.novarbar.com

Edited by Beachbum

Prediction here is for an absolute hammering for Killie, but for some ungodly reason we end up with a draw - onwards to RP where a resurgent DAFC hand out the pumping we've been due to end the Tommy Wright era.

And before anyone thinks this is one of these deliberately pessimistic predictions that supporters on here will hand out tongue in cheek, I think our game against ICT is still available on the iplayer.

7 hours ago, grumswall said:
13 hours ago, Kettleflyer said:
Any killie fans bring up 12 of the famous pies, will buy them 

You can get them in aldi. Not really worth the effort of smuggling them up from Ayrshire tbh.

Ayrshire?  Smuggling?  Sounds a bit far-fetched mate...

I saw some of Killie on Friday and the only positive I think they can take is that surely they can’t be as bad as that again. Seems crazy to me to have the league’s standout player on the right wing and yet spend 90 minutes shelling it well beyond him.

In theory this could be a game that suits them though as I imagine we’ll look to play on the front foot. Friday was their first away defeat of the season which isn’t a coincidence. A very tight game and horrible 0-0/1-0 either way is what I expect to be honest.

3 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Or if you're after something a bit more Clansmanesque, there's the Estuary on Links Street.

2 hours ago, Beachbum said:

If you're going to the Novar and needing a meal you'd be strongly advised to book. When you're doing that ask for a table on the bar side of the pub so you'll be able to see one of the three screens. If you're placed on the lounge side you can't see them.

Novar Bar, Nicol Street Kdy 01592 598090

https://www.novarbar.com

Thanks all. 

image.gif

4 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Not a fan of the Exchequer. As others have said it’s a pretty bland place. The Novar is definitely the best football pub option. A good alternative if you’re bringing kids is The Duchess. Less of a football pub, but a nice place with plenty of space. 

Noted, thanks very much. 

If Raith score first they will win.

Tommy and the squad have basically left themselves in the position they were in at the end of September - win a few games including the derby and everything will be ok.

Lose a few games and then fail to win the derby - in massive trouble.

Also, I know this is such a daft thing to focus on, but can someone tell Scott Robinson just to sort his fucking hair out and stop swaggering around like he’s the best player in Europe*.

*you know when you start to focus on players hairstyles that your team is destroying your life.

I saw some of Killie on Friday and the only positive I think they can take is that surely they can’t be as bad as that again. Seems crazy to me to have the league’s standout player on the right wing and yet spend 90 minutes shelling it well beyond him.

In theory this could be a game that suits them though as I imagine we’ll look to play on the front foot. Friday was their first away defeat of the season which isn’t a coincidence. A very tight game and horrible 0-0/1-0 either way is what I expect to be honest.

You would think we can’t be as bad again, but unfortunately we have proved time and time again, we can.

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Also, I know this is such a daft thing to focus on, but can someone tell Scott Robinson just to sort his fucking hair out and stop swaggering around like he’s the best player in Europe*.

*you know when you start to focus on players hairstyles that your team is destroying your life.

i gave up on them letting it ruin my weekends, never mind my life a long time ago. 

Not worth it! 

It does seem remarkable that Killie are struggling for goals. I know Scott Robinson hasn't always been fit and Callum Hendry arrived late, but John McGlynn was quite openly interested in both and I'm sure most, if not all, Championship managers would be the same. And that's without mentioning one of the best young strikers in Europe... 

I said after the game at Rugby Park that Kilmarnock reminded me of Barry Smith's League One Rovers side. No discernible identity or strategy, just a collection of players who are individually among the most talented in the league, and a manager content to stick out eleven of them and wait for that quality to bring the points in. 

It's not necessarily a completely terrible way to go about things, from a pure results point of view. Smith came within the width of a post of winning League One and Killie have picked up plenty points so far, but it's horribly frustrating to watch. It only takes a couple of your 'stars' to have an off day and the entire team look like they've never met before. 

8 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

It does seem remarkable that Killie are struggling for goals. I know Scott Robinson hasn't always been fit and Callum Hendry arrived late, but John McGlynn was quite openly interested in both and I'm sure most, if not all, Championship managers would be the same. And that's without mentioning one of the best young strikers in Europe... 

I said after the game at Rugby Park that Kilmarnock reminded me of Barry Smith's League One Rovers side. No discernible identity or strategy, just a collection of players who are individually among the most talented in the league, and a manager content to stick out eleven of them and wait for that quality to bring the points in. 

It's not necessarily a completely terrible way to go about things, from a pure results point of view. Smith came within the width of a post of winning League One and Killie have picked up plenty points so far, but it's horribly frustrating to watch. It only takes a couple of your 'stars' to have an off day and the entire team look like they've never met before. 

Nail hit on head.

16 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Absolutely spot on

22 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

My mate that I go with is at the stage that he's criticising the ballboys.