Banning smoking forever

ICTChris

13 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Aye it makes you look like a gimp. 

The guys who work in vape shops all look the same, big fat guys with beards.  They come from some sort of factory somewhere.

Think banning it sets a bad precedent. What next, spirits? Sugary foods? Okay - these things can be enjoyed safely in moderation unlike smoking but still, I think it’s better to educate folk. Not sure what else could be done other than to make it harder for folk to smoke - perhaps make it illegal to smoke in public other than in designated smoking areas? Would be tricky to enforce but would give the police the power to fine folk and confiscate their ciggies on the spot if they are caught. A bit like drinking in public tbh.

6 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Would love this to be brought in over here, means I wouldn’t need to sit in the pub on my own every half hour while everyone goes out for a puff 

It may not be because they just want a smoke...

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

You get a free black baseball cap with every 10th purchase. 

It's the new Embassy catalogue. 

Google image search of 'vape shop guy' and this is the top result

Vape shop worker launches furious rant against Trump supporter | Daily Mail  Online

Is smoking even a thing with the younger generations these days?  I’m in my 30’s and pretty much all my mates who smoked when we were younger (probably at least half my group), have now stopped and have done for several years. Some vape, some don’t. 

19 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Is smoking even a thing with the younger generations these days?  I’m in my 30’s and pretty much all my mates who smoked when we were younger (probably at least half my group), have now stopped and have done for several years. Some vape, some don’t. 

It is, although it's no longer something the 'cool kids' do.