Greenock Morton v Billy Dodds is a Gimp

The highlights confirm that three of the six goals we conceded yesterday wouldn't have happened if Michael Ledger was on the park instead of that charlatan Lithgow. His shambolic performance alone is what turned it from a comfortable win for a good attacking team to our worst home defeat in 21 years.

Still, he can always blame the fans for his rank incompetence. He'll find plenty of people in the most outrageously patient and sycophantic support in the country  happy to say the 'boo boys' were somehow to blame for his inability to perform any basic tasks you'd expect of a centre back, it's definitely not because he's just shite at football.

Whoever takes the job needs to purge that dressing room of the outrageous persecution complex they're clinging to. The Robbie Muirheads of the world seem adamant that it's someone else's fault that they can't trap a ball or play a five yard pass. As if he could do these things at any of the other six clubs who chased him out the door when he didn't have to face the horrors of the big bad Morton fans and was instead learning his trade in front of the notoriously patient fanbases of, er, Hearts and Dunfermline.

On 10/12/2021 at 19:08, virginton said:

Fictionalising your home attendances every fortnight to pretend that you're a big team.

Getting papped out of the Scottish Cup at the same stage as 'Falkirk' by a team picked by the janny. 

Not exactly the strongest play from yourselves right now. 

ICT have spent 12 seasons in the top flight since the turn of the millenium, won the Scottish cup, played in Europe, and been to the LC final.  They're also top of the league right now.  Fair enough if your definition of "big" is something other than "successful" (perhaps you think fanbase is the most important thing - which presumably means you classify 'Falkirk' as big?). 

However, if ICT are a small team, what does that make Morton? A one word answer will do.

Edited by VictorOnopko

Not a comment about the game but your username reminded me of CM97/98 and all the times I used to sign Onopko in it. A brilliant CB in that game.

Edited by RiG

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

Not a comment about the game but your username reminded me of all the times I used to sign Onopko in CM97/98. A brilliant CB in that game.

He was indeed - and didn't cost much either if I remember right. 

Pretty sure he would improve most Scottish Championship squads this season even though he's getting on a bit (52) now.

Just now, VictorOnopko said:

He was indeed - and didn't cost much either if I remember right. 

Pretty sure he would improve most Scottish Championship squads this season even though he's getting on a bit (52) now.

Better than Alan Lithgow for sure.

15 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

I thought our penalty was to even out the one that should have been given a minute earlier. Was convinced Gozie was missing it with that start-stop fannying-about run up.

Need to teach your winger to count. After moaning at the linesman for not getting a foul, he got abuse from the Cowshed, turned to us and held up seven fingers, clearly not able to keep score.

6+1?

IMG_20211212_101208.thumb.jpg.fd939ec64bf25f05221416c1b1a6a80a.jpg

1 hour ago, VictorOnopko said:

ICT have spent 12 seasons in the top flight since the turn of the millenium, won the Scottish cup, played in Europe, and been to the LC final.  They're also top of the league right now.  Fair enough if your definition of "big" is something other than "successful" (perhaps you think fanbase is the most important thing - which presumably means you classify 'Falkirk' as big?). 

However, if ICT are a small team, what does that make Morton? A one word answer will do.

After his post yesterday where he compared Cappielow to the Nou Camp we all know that virginton is a gobshite.

He's now in hiding.

And he's editing my post as every time I type virginton he changes it to virginton.

What a silly wee sulky boy that doesn't want his moniker seen.

Edited by SandyCromarty

40 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

After his post yesterday where he compared Cappielow to the Nou Camp we all know that virginton is a gobshite.

He's now in hiding.

And he's editing my post as every time I type virginton he changes it to virginton.

Regularly goes into hiding if things go tits up on one of his posts!! 

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

He's now in hiding.

S03E01-xZuvlQYi-subtitled.jpg.f9d20c17667bec45667c98bf4ef1dbfb.jpg

FiaDbKYqobTv.gif.9d88ae99196ca709aa506fd80d26f136.gif

Our performance in the first half was actually not too different to the second half on Tuesday night, in which the obvious flaws of such a ridiculous line-up were already exposed. We were just fortunate to hold on to penalties then; once the first goal went in yesterday, it was straightforward for Inverness to be patient with the ball, wait for dumplings like Muirhead to switch off and then pick us off. Kilmarnock could have done similar last month had they not declared the game at 0-2 before half time. 

The attitude of the players is stinking. They clearly think that some sort of grave injustice is being done to them, when in reality they are a disgrace to the jersey. Muirhead should never play for the club again and Lithgow should be packed off to Darvel. 

13 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Pointing out the goals you've conceded? Nobody does that (except possibly if it's zero).

You've never seen any of the 5-1 images from the Hearts vs Hibs cup final?

9 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Great performance all round from the team and not that it matters now but that penalty given for falling down?

...take it you haven't seen the 'free kick' which led to Thewtic's goal today then? Seems to be a thing now...

I was there. 8)

The scoreline seems to have masked the fact that Carson, Deas and Allardice were superb.  Allardice is probably our most important player now - reminds me a lot of Greg Tansey (in his second spell) the way he sprays the ball about.  McAlear has shown glimpses of being a good player but even putting his goal aside, he and Allardice dominated in central midfield.  We could and probably should have scored more.  Walsh and Doran both had shots straight at the keeper and Duku just needed more of a toe on his slide to make it seven.  Think he really really needs a goal - if he gets one soon he might be able to pick up form, but it seems to be coming more and more difficult for him.

By the way, what formation were Morton playing?  I read it as a proper 4-2-4 and unsurprisingly they were completely bodied in midfield.  I always thought Gary Oliver was a striker/number 10 but he seemed to be playing as more of an inside forward in the front four.

That was six was and could've easily been eight and that was without Roddy MacGregor and Sean Welsh.  I'm feeling a lot more hopeful now.

Edited by Highland Capital