Rangers vs St Johnstone December 15th

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

He was brought off because he's pish. There are others, I'll give you that.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I like a striker who can control a ball and try risky passes. So far with May we've had "working hard".

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

Can't believe what I've just seen, he has a chance to have a shot or even it square it and he does that.

He could either shoot or just stay on his feet and let Kamara bang him over, which was probably coming. I honestly can’t believe what he’s done there.

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Might have been a little bit of contact but he definitely went for the penalty over trying to get the shot off

It's embarrassing.

Bit more attacking intent in the second half but the game was dead by that point. Insipid. Only positive is that it wasn’t a pumping. Devine did well pushing on in the second half. Viv probably needs to start the remaining games he’s here for.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Found out why Vertainen was brought off, too far up the park.

8d7e880a-f4c9-4115-9859-45f5711f008a.thumb.png.f16de78a7de349bb102ebeb691e0afb2.png

You’re persevering with this?

He was abysmal. Received the ball in space numerous times and gave it away all but once.  I’m not saying he doesn’t have something, he might well do, but we’re yet to see it other than a couple of wee flicks and turns to make himself look good.  O’Halloran was shocking as well. The reason it was E2 that was subbed was probably his half arsed attempt at a flick which indirectly led to the opener.  

Crawford was for 40 minutes also but had 5 minutes of improvement before the break. 

Bit more attacking intent in the second half but the game was dead by that point. Insipid. Only positive is that it wasn’t a pumping. Devine did well pushing on in the second half. Viv probably needs to start the remaining games he’s here for.
Don't get why he's not tbh.

Positives were Devine and Butterfield looking good and Brown continuing from Saturday to be a solid, if unspectacular, solution at RCB. Not much else. Starting front three were dreadful. Crawford is a complete imposter.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

You’re persevering with this?

He was abysmal. Received the ball in space numerous times and gave it away all but once.  I’m not saying he doesn’t have something, he might well do, but we’re yet to see it other than a couple of wee flicks and turns to make himself look good.  O’Halloran was shocking as well. The reason it was E2 that was subbed was probably his half arsed attempt at a flick which indirectly led to the opener.  

Crawford was for 40 minutes also but had 5 minutes of improvement before the break. 

Vertainen overplays and lost the ball a lot tonight. He also controlled a lot of hopeless hoofs up the park and tried to keep possession. May came on and done as we all expected, couldn't do anything physically, couldn't control any awkward ball, couldn't link play in midfield. Its a totally pointless sub that was never going to achieve anything other than to try and make a pathetic point ahead of the transfer window.

Crawford is shit. Hes absolutely not worth all the downsides for the two or three moments where he plays a half decent pass, but sadly our manager is completely infatuated with him, so he'll be a regular for us until the Summer and beyond. Its embarrassing we've reached a stage where hes first choice for us.

More possession than we’ve had in a long while, good to see us trying to play through midfield, and Butterfield looks a decent addition.

Liam Craig had a decent game but an embarrassing decision to dive when in the box. Should have been sent off for his reaction.

As limited at football as Chris Kane is, tonight is an example of why we generally need him starting until we get someone better.  He would have held onto it more and won a few free kicks as opposed to those tonight who surrendered possession meekly.  

Our front three options are horrific, including those that came on; we had comfortable possession in the opposition half a fair number of times and could barely play a pass let alone create something. 

Overall not the worst I’ve seen us against the OF, our defence were mostly decent, and we showed we can build play through midfield at times which we haven’t done at all lately.

Lack of attacking threat the issue as usual.  Still scratching my head how one of the weakest attacks of last season has been managed to get a lot worse, but I’m just going to have to accept it one of these days.