Dinosaurs to return

I suppose at least one branch of them never really went away and just evolved into birds - that one in particular just looks like a bird without the bus fare.

Weird to think the flock of blue tits in the garden are just mini theropod dinosaurs...bit like the teacup chihuahua that used to be a wolf.

I wouldn't meddle with this.

I remember watching a documentary about this.  Not David Attenborough but similar.  Anyway they tried to contain it on an island, got some clever scientists to have a look and it all went awry.

There was a follow up documentary with the same outcome.

Then another and another and another.

Seems like a bad idea to me.

39 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

I suppose at least one branch of them never really went away and just evolved into birds - that one in particular just looks like a bird without the bus fare.

Weird to think the flock of blue tits in the garden are just mini theropod dinosaurs...bit like the teacup chihuahua that used to be a wolf.

Don't give Jack Horner more ideas...

40 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

We used to keep chickens and one day the four of them ran down, killed and ate a mouse before I realised what was happening.

They all got a bit.

59 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

I wouldn't meddle with this.

I remember watching a documentary about this.  Not David Attenborough but similar.  Anyway they tried to contain it on an island, got some clever scientists to have a look and it all went awry.

There was a follow up documentary with the same outcome.

Then another and another and another.

Seems like a bad idea to me.

Dick.

16 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

That is absolutely remarkable. Love that discovery.

Speaking of resurrections, I would be in favour of using DNA from preserved hair to bring back the mammoth. And then release them in Siberia or something.

If you can use DNA from preserved hair to bring back a dinosaur then you could use Bruce Forsyth's wig. 

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Speaking of resurrections, I would be in favour of using DNA from preserved hair to bring back the mammoth. And then release them in Springburn or something.

Ftfy

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Speaking of resurrections, I would be in favour of using DNA from preserved hair to bring back the mammoth. And then release them in Siberia or something.

Could we not just dip some elephants in glue then roll them about on a salon floor for the same effect?

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Russians are already on that one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleistocene_Park#Animals_that_could_be_placed_in_the_park_if_revived_from_extinction