Team of the season half way stage

It's got to be Arbroath. Shut the thread.

Well done to the Red Lichties. Would be quite something if you managed the same again in the second half. 👏

Edit - Or are you wanting 11 players? In which case I still pick Arbroath.

Edited by Trogdor

-               Sneddon

-  Tumility Akinola O’Brien Deas

Zanatta Welsh Bannigan Tiffoney

-         McKenna Nouble

Maybe a bit biased towards Thistle players but based on what I’ve seen this season.

16 minutes ago, Reid said:

-               Sneddon

-         McKenna Nouble

Maybe a bit biased towards Thistle players but based on what I’ve seen this season.

I am not sure Tiffoney has been consistent enough, but maybe that is par for the course for a winger. Raith fans were saying the same about Zanatta. Sneddon had hardly anything to do in the 2nd quarter, so maybe a keeper that had more action so to speak ? It’s hard to judge other teams players if you have only seen them once.

Trying to pick at least one player from each team…

Hamilton 

Comrie - Akinola - O’Brien - MacDonald

Zanatta - Welsh - Murdoch - Connolly

Nouble - Shaw

Some of that is very much shoehorning a player who hasn’t been completely irredeemably horrific in there, but there we go.

Obviously difficult when you have only watched each side, other than your own, once or twice meaning these teams are generally made up of your own sides players and then what you have read about other teams rather than what you have actually watched. If I was picking a team based solely on the best performances I have seen against Raith Rovers this season it would be:

Jack Hamilton (Morton)

Carson (Inverness)  
Akinola (Partick Thistle)    
Nditi (QOS)    
Gibson (QOS)

Oksanen (Morton)    
Welsh (Inverness)

Thomas (Dunfermline) 
Connolly (QOS)
Templeton (Hamilton)

Cameron (QOS)

However, judging by reports from other games, very few of those would get into an overall team of the half season. This is obviously skewed by the fact that Killie and Arbroath haven’t been great against us but QOS have performed well in both games against us. Reverting to the usual format of picking the best players from my own team and reports from elsewhere, I’d probably go with:

Sneddon (Partick Thistle)

Tumilty (Raith)     
Berra (Raith)    
Deas (Inverness)

Spencer (Raith)   
Welsh (Inverness)

Thomas (Dunfermline)    
McKenna (Arbroath)    
Zanatta (Raith)

Nouble (Arbroath)

Was tempted to put Jamie MacDonald in goals but it is already heavily biased.

Maybe a bit bias but any Gaston, Little, O'brien, Stewart, Mckenna and Nouble should be in,
I'm surprised No-one else has mentioned Scott Stewart, he has been absolutely outstanding this season,
If you pick 1 player for player of season so far it has to be Mckenna, 11 goals and 5 assists is outstanding

3 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

Maybe a bit bias but any Gaston, Little, O'brien, Stewart, Mckenna and Nouble should be in,
I'm surprised No-one else has mentioned Scott Stewart, he has been absolutely outstanding this season,
If you pick 1 player for player of season so far it has to be Mckenna, 11 goals and 5 assists is outstanding

Agree, Stewart has been superb but flies mostly under the radar. Would certainly have Little, O’Brien, McKenna and Nouble in a team of the season so far. McKenna definitely our star man, you could see how much we miss his energy and dynamism last Saturday. If it wasn’t for his injury, Low would be up there too.

No disrespect to any other team but I can’t really think of any many *players that have been particularly noticeable (in a good way) against us.

*aside from Willie Gibson who was superb for QoTS at Gayfield, no surprise really as he’s been a class player for years.

Team wise, I’ve been most impressed by Raith, Morton (I know), ICT and Thistle in the first half at Gayfield.

The Raith defence did a great job containing our attack over both games. Berra’s experience and ability to practically rip the shirt off Nouble’s back without being seen by the officials is an art in itself.

Edited by Tattie36

5 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

Yes, absolutely they should all be in and let's be fair some of these previous mentioned lists are a joke

Edited by ecto

10 hours ago, Reid said:

-               Sneddon

-         McKenna Nouble

10 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Trying to pick at least one player from each team…

Hamilton 

Comrie - Akinola - O’Brien - MacDonald

Zanatta - Welsh - Murdoch - Connolly

Nouble - Shaw

Some of that is very much shoehorning a player who hasn’t been completely irredeemably horrific in there, but there we go.

10 hours ago, Monkfish85 said:

Team of the season in terms of personnel after watching every team twice. 

Gaston

Carson Obrien Little Holt

Zanatta Allardice Welsh 

Connelly 

Shaw Graham 

9 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Obviously difficult when you have only watched each side, other than your own, once or twice meaning these teams are generally made up of your own sides players and then what you have read about other teams rather than what you have actually watched. If I was picking a team based solely on the best performances I have seen against Raith Rovers this season it would be:

Jack Hamilton (Morton)

Carson (Inverness)  
Nditi (QOS)    
Gibson (QOS)

Oksanen (Morton)    
Welsh (Inverness)

Thomas (Dunfermline) 
Connolly (QOS)
Templeton (Hamilton)

Cameron (QOS)

However, judging by reports from other games, very few of those would get into an overall team of the half season. This is obviously skewed by the fact that Killie and Arbroath haven’t been great against us but QOS have performed well in both games against us. Reverting to the usual format of picking the best players from my own team and reports from elsewhere, I’d probably go with:

Sneddon (Partick Thistle)

Tumilty (Raith)     
Berra (Raith)    
Deas (Inverness)

Spencer (Raith)   
Welsh (Inverness)

Thomas (Dunfermline)    
McKenna (Arbroath)    
Zanatta (Raith)

Nouble (Arbroath)

Was tempted to put Jamie MacDonald in goals but it is already heavily biased.

Where's McGinty and Fjortoft?

Must be a mistake?