ICT v RRFC…..

28 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Showing my age here, but surprised no-one has given David Francey a mention  😂😂😂

Bob Crampsey, Arthur's sidekick was the most knowledgeable of them all, 'tho I don't remember him commenting on games much. A proper historian, and Queen's Park man through and through.

PS - I can't think of any reason why we shouldn't win today.

Edited by Raith_Raver

42 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I think he claimed in his book to have been brought up with Shettleston Juniors. Near to Parkheid, but IMO he just latched onto whoever was winning. He seemed to suck Aberdeen's boaby for a while. Never forgave him for chapping doors and lying to the pensioners though.

Don't remember too much about his Aberdeen fetish, but I make you absolutely right in that MacPherson seemed to side with either of the old firm against anyone else.

He was a guest at the Rovers Hall of Fame night s few years ago (no idea why) and when he was about to be interviewed I whispered to my pal that I'd give it 30 seconds before he'd mention either Rangers, Celtic or the Old Firm collectively. I was miles off - it took him about five seconds of his first sentence.

John McGlynn pulling a few surprises again today. Going back to his "away" back three, and looking to the full backs for width. 

It's a bit of a counterintuitive approach to ending our barren run, putting in a defender for a striker, but you can see the logic. 

Through no lack of effort, our two strikers never really connected last week, so removing one of them and liberating the full backs we should hopefully be able to play more of the game further up the park. 

Quite surprised that he hasn't just pitched Gullan straight in, but another goalless showing from Varian and I think we'll see that next week. 

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

John McGlynn pulling a few surprises again today. Going back to his "away" back three, and looking to the full backs for width. 

It's a bit of a counterintuitive approach to ending our barren run, putting in a defender for a striker, but you can see the logic. 

Through no lack of effort, our two strikers never really connected last week, so removing one of them and liberating the full backs we should hopefully be able to play more of the game further up the park. 

Quite surprised that he hasn't just pitched Gullan straight in, but another goalless showing from Varian and I think we'll see that next week. 

Is it a 3 -5-2 or has he finally given us the long threatened Musonda in midfield?

1 minute ago, renton said:

Is it a 3 -5-2 or has he finally given us the long threatened Musonda in midfield?

He might start at DM but then there’s the flexibility of him then just being able to drop into a 3 when we have the ball out wide maybe. Who knows though. Just win Rovers please. 

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

It certainly could be, but it'd be a real attempt at packing the midfield. What's a step up from a 4-4-2 diamond? A 4-5-1 pentangle? 

I dunno, Musonda at the base... Stanton and Matthews in the middle, Williamson up behind Ross and Varian in the two?

We’ve played five at the back at ICT, Killie and Arbroath this season. Think it’s just our tried and tested formula for the ‘big’ away games but of course we might get a big surprise and it’s Musonda in midfield.

I expect a 3-4-3/5-4-1 type thing, with Ross and Williamson joining in with the full-backs playing wide.

Big day for Liam Dick, who was constantly found in space last week going forward and was frankly completely rubbish.

13 minutes ago, renton said:

I dunno, Musonda at the base... Stanton and Matthews in the middle, Williamson up behind Ross and Varian in the two?

sketch-1641653313395.thumb.png.b038afb54cbab382233e3ae40639dbb0.png

I'm looking forward to seeing this now, in about thirty yards square in the middle of the park. I hope you like tippy tappy triangles, Caley, because you're about to be passed to death! 

(It'll be the back three.)

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

sketch-1641653313395.thumb.png.b038afb54cbab382233e3ae40639dbb0.png

I'm looking forward to seeing this now, in about thirty yards square in the middle of the park. I hope you like tippy tappy triangles, Caley, because you're about to be passed to death! 

(It'll be the back three.)

I like that, will be great when Beelzebub bursts through the ground in the centre circle.