ICT v RRFC…..

31 minutes ago, sophia said:

^^^

Archie MacPherson found.

This, I think, was the game. At 4:40 Souness looks like he's taking a throw from the middle of the pitch.

By the way, old Archie's commentary isn't as doyenish as is the received wisdom in some parts (mostly his own head)

That pass back from the Rangers no 5 (Souness?) at roughly 6.30 is exhibit A for the decision to bring in the pass back rule. 

It's been a while since I've seen fans posting so much negativity on their team, WTF Rovers?

I am generally very positive about our chances most weeks, but there’s something I just really, really detest about playing Inverness. Probably something to do with the no wins in 20 odd years.

11 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I am generally very positive about our chances most weeks, but there’s something I just really, really detest about playing Inverness. Probably something to do with the no wins in 20 odd years.

Yeah it’s a bit of a struggle to get excited about this one, and I’d count myself as generally positive (usually over positive). Mind you, it is sometimes in the games have kept the expectations low for that the extraordinary happens. I’d count any sort of Rovers victory as a real achievement here. Gullan’s signing has at least moved me up a notch from “I’m not even sure I’ll bother watching this…” Though that’s mostly due to the shiteness of club streams. I’d have probably been there in person if I could have been.

Edited by Enigma

9 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

How about the try try and try again with Robert the Bruce and that fuckin Spider or every Scottish fuckin tory scum leader who says at the beginning of the their tenure that they WILL become First Minister, and then think good old family man Prince Andrew who will never give up protesting his innocence.

Fer fucksakes Rovers think positive.

Mind you I think you're in fer a right fuckin thrashing.

13 hours ago, sophia said:

Archie MacPherson found.

By the way, old Archie's commentary isn't as doyenish as is the received wisdom in some parts (mostly his own head)

Erchie with the 2 foot comb over, frightening when the wind took it.

Edited by SandyCromarty

7 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Erchie with the 2 foot comb over, frightening when the wind took it.

My best memory of Archie was him raving about Rangers performance in a televised euro game, while wee Tam McLean kept saying how open Rangers were leaving themselves down their right flank, with Archie ignoring him. After a few minutes the opposition (I don't remember who) scored to put Rangers out - a move down the right flank.

There was a New Year micky take sketch about it.

11 minutes ago, embow said:

I always had sympathy for anything that nested in that. Must have been like being launched by a trebuchet on a breezy day.

His full name is Archibald, which he is now.

Was it ever determined where his true loyalties lie, was it South side or East end?

Possibly to balance things up from his predecessor Peter Thomson, way back in the day, who was seriously Soothside... allegedly. Was it the 'Struth'? More than possible.😉

Believed also to have been a big shaker of a hand throughout the land.......allegedly.🤫🤝

Edited by embow

13 hours ago, embow said:

Possibly to balance things up from his predecessor Peter Thomson, way back in the day, who was seriously Soothside... allegedly. Was it the 'Struth'? More than possible.😉

Believed also to have been a big shaker of a hand throughout the land.......allegedly.🤫🤝

While we're in the wallow I'll throw in Greenocks Arthur Montford and his Scotsport on a Sunday,  a great programme in it's day which I enjoyed, and how about the waffler Alex Cameron's encounter with the police horse's arse.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

While we're in the wallow I'll throw in Greenocks Arthur Montford and his Scotsport on a Sunday,  a great programme in it's day which I enjoyed, and how about the waffler Alex Cameron's encounter with the police horse's arse.

Remember it very well. Maybe you can remind me about the sealed envelope that resided in his office desk drawer at the Daily 'Ranger'. Can't for the love of me remember what it was meant to contain. Something to do with Rangers or Scotland maybe? Long time ago now. Anyway, it was indeed pure waffle.

And now it's on to the capital of the Highlands where we must have the worst league record in Scotland. No goals in weeks. Very few shots on goal in weeks. Normal negativity abounds in this fixture. Dreaming of the days of Didier Agathe up against Bobby Mann in a sprint. Sigh!🙄

Looking forward to a Rovers win. Isn't that how it usually works in fitba'?

Can but hope.😊

Edited by embow

On 06/01/2022 at 14:29, Raithie said:

Have purchased bulk of the away game streams this season but really can't be arsed for getting this one. I'm sure the last two ICT streams I purchased were only £9.99 but can see for this game it's 15 sheets. I'll pass. 

My laddie has been badgering me to get the stream and I've relented 😒

20 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

His full name is Archibald, which he is now.

Was it ever determined where his true loyalties lie, was it South side or East end?

I think he claimed in his book to have been brought up with Shettleston Juniors. Near to Parkheid, but IMO he just latched onto whoever was winning. He seemed to suck Aberdeen's boaby for a while. Never forgave him for chapping doors and lying to the pensioners though.