African Nations Cup - Cameroon 2021 (2022)

HibeeJibee

20 minutes ago, resk said:

Come away the Stallions!  Senegal's squad is a bit too Barclays for my liking.   

Surprised they made it this far, and I don't dislike Senegal but, aye, hopefully they get another crack at Cameroon in the final.

If VAR rules out this penalty, does that mean that the yellow card will also be rescinded?

Edit: I don't see what else the defender could have done with his arm there.

Edit 2: kewl, no card or penalty. Senegal will be kvetching for years if they end up losing this.

Edit 3: well, Senegal have deserved the goal. Hardly firing on all cylinders, but possibly the second best team of the tournament, overall.

2-0 now. That'll be that.

Edit 4: you'd think Burkina Faso were total diddies the way the BBC are talking about them. They've finished 2nd and 3rd at two of the past four tournaments.

Edited by BFTD

17 hours ago, BFTD said:

If VAR rules out this penalty, does that mean that the yellow card will also be rescinded?

Edit: I don't see what else the defender could have done with his arm there.

Edit 2: kewl, no card or penalty. Senegal will be kvetching for years if they end up losing this.

Edit 3: well, Senegal have deserved the goal. Hardly firing on all cylinders, but possibly the second best team of the tournament, overall.

2-0 now. That'll be that.

Edit 4: you'd think Burkina Faso were total diddies the way the BBC are talking about them. They've finished 2nd and 3rd at two of the past four tournaments.

They were still pretty poor.

A lot of players on display thus far can't do the basics, but still attempt the fancy stuff. I wouldn't class some of them as international standard.

But having said that, there has been drama, controversy, some great goals, some atrocious goalkeeping and some great penalty shoot outs.

Caught the last 10 minutes of this first half. Cameroon look decent going forward but Egypt have had some decent stuff on the counter in the last few minutes.

The Egyptians falling to the ground every so often has been poor.

I've been a Cameroon fan since the 90 world cup. I hope they pump them.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Can't fucking stand Egypt and their histrionics.

Same.

They're the better side right now, but not by much. I can't root for them though, mainly for the histrionics you mentioned. Disgraceful.

E.t.a. the referee falling for it is precipitating a mini heid's gone here.

Edited by velo army

Disappointing lack of dynamism in this Cameroon midfield. The keep playing slowly, then try and go wide, firing in shite or blocked crosses. 

Aboubakar, for all that I love him, is being utterly wasted up top on his own right now. I don't know enough about Cameroon's squad to know how to change it.