The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

Between James Esses and you, you're expecting me to be psychic as to what folks 'actually mean' here. I have very limited talents and arsehole-whispering isn't one of them. 

Once a child is 18 it's an adult, so the fairly obvious answer would be under 18. I am not sure what difference 6 months would have made in Jazz Jennings' case however

This is just vile. 

I'd wager she's had a far more accomplished life than either you or me thus far. You reckon you could get into Harvard? 

'Gender affirming surgery' as per the study you referenced earlier can be anything from genital surgery to facial feminisation surgery.  You don't need to guess.

Removing breasts is just as serious and yes, it is being carried out on teenagers.

8 minutes ago, f_c_dundee said:

'Gender affirming surgery' as per the study you referenced earlier can be anything from genital surgery to facial feminisation surgery.  You don't need to guess.

Removing breasts is just as serious and yes, it is being carried out on teenagers.

It can also be things like boob jobs and famously Elon Musk stepping on the rake when it was pointed out to him he's had hair plugs (and a lot of other work, by the looks of it) when he queried why people need to have surgeries. 

About 250 a year, apparently - https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-transyouth-data/

Edited by carpetmonster

16 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Posting relentlessly about Trans folk whilst on holiday?

LOL, ok 😂

I'm no great at sleeping tbh, hence a lot of the posting being at night.  You may have missed my recent post about my shit mental health due to not being entirely neurotypical.

*have a good laugh about it though.

Edited by f_c_dundee
grumpy

19 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

It can also be things like boob jobs and famously Elon Musk stepping on the rake when it was pointed out to him he's had hair plugs (and a lot of other work, by the looks of it) when he queried why people need to have surgeries. 

About 250 a year, apparently - https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-transyouth-data/

Ok - but I am talking, as were you I am sure, about irreversible surgery on under 18s.  Which does happen.

So quit trying to cause a diversion yet again.  

42 minutes ago, f_c_dundee said:

I'm no great at sleeping tbh, hence a lot of the posting being at night.  You may have missed my recent post about my shit mental health due to not being entirely neurotypical.

*have a good laugh about it though.

Controversial strategy here, but maybe try enjoying your holiday rather than concern trolling a thread about Gender issues. 

Just a suggestion likes. 

One wonders why @f_c_dundee feels so strongly about this. Is someone in her family this way and she regrets it or dislikes it? Does she have some deep seating feelings she’s repressing? Does she just like arguing?

Whatever it is, it’s frustrating to call her, well, let’s be honest, transphobia out and have her hare off in another direction. As for chopping off boobs, what if the person also carry’s genes for breast cancer, can they decide to do it then and at what age?

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

One wonders why @f_c_dundee feels so strongly about this. Is someone in her family this way and she regrets it or dislikes it? Does she have some deep seating feelings she’s repressing? Does she just like arguing?

Whatever it is, it’s frustrating to call her, well, let’s be honest, transphobia out and have her hare off in another direction. As for chopping off boobs, what if the person also carry’s genes for breast cancer, can they decide to do it then and at what age?

One also might wonder why you guys are trying to psychoanalyse me instead of just discussing this? 🧐 

I'm having a nice holiday thanks  btw apart from I can never ever sleep on holiday👍

You don't need to have particular skin in the game of knowing X amount of trans people personally to be allowed an opinion, negative or positive. 

Preventative mastectomy for women at higher risk of breast cancer is nothing to do with this. The question was about young people having mastectomies, purportedly to help their mental health, identity, whatever you want to call it. I'm not the one adding random stuff in and haring off into whataboutery, I feel! 

I've been aware of the overall topic of self ID and is problems for 5+ years now, I guess I came from a woman's rights perspective initially. 

I've nothing against people identifying as trans, crack on. I do have a problem with women's single sex services and spaces having difficulty excluding male bodied people, to the extent that Rape Crisis Scotland is led by a man who lied on his application, for a position which started it was using the exemption for female only applications. 

I hear it quoted all the time that such and such group is inclusive of trans women.  The fact is that women's support organisations of this nature have had to agree to accept men or lose some government funding - how is that helpful? Women had to work to set up their own  refuges and support systems, why must that be given up instead of planning and fundraising for separate services for trans people?

Men and women are entitled to have single sex services, it shouldn't be such hard work to maintain it for them. 

I do have a problem with teaching kids they can grow up to be a boy or a girl. It's just unkind and untrue to lead them to expect that to be reality for them.

What's the best they can expect - becoming a lifelong patient on hormones? Feeling distressed because not everyone they meet will see and validate them how they want? 

I'm very much sympathetic to the feelings of all involved, but they can't override everything else. We can't make laws based on poorly defined terminology (gender?) and beliefs which not everyone holds. E.g. the belief that everyone has a gender identity, not just a sex. 

While the majority of trans identifying people may be absolutely lovely - including the people that you clearly know - it can't be ignored that some of the desired changes affect safeguarding and allow the less lovely people to take advantage.  That's not demonising all trans people, that's reality.

Safeguarding 101 as it were - in order to help out with my bairns football teams for example, I have to have a PVG check, because *everyone does*.  I'm not going to get upset about that, because it's there for a reason.  Maybe not hugely effective if you don't have a record, but it's what we have. However even under *existing* legislation, if I'm a trans applicant, it's down to me to *voluntarily* use a special process to declare this along with any previous names. 🤷🏼‍♀️

This post isn't haring off anywhere, just telling you straight where I'm coming from and some things that concern me. 

Thanks very much child who woke me up at 3am and I couldn't get back to sleep and gave up. 😮‍💨😄

This is a brilliant post (I am "sealioning" here)

It's amazing that this viewpoint could be seen as controversial in today's world but that's where we are. 

The "movement" definitely is an issue. I think most people feel that way but are to afraid to speak out.

It's nuts. 

9 minutes ago, andyg83 said:

This is a brilliant post (I am "sealioning" here)

It's amazing that this viewpoint could be seen as controversial in today's world but that's where we are. 

The "movement" definitely is an issue. I think most people feel that way but are to afraid to speak out.

It's nuts. 

😳😳

Thanks Andy Sealion. 😄

It's taken a long time to be able to articulate it all and to see it like this. 

Almost inevitably when I hear people discussing it at work (I don't usually just start ranting 🤣 but I will join in chatting) they agree with this viewpoint. 

The attempt to shut down all discussion was almost successful for a good while, then wee cracks started to appear - obvious ones like you canny just cancel JK Rowling. 

For a long time though it felt like just those odd (mostly) wimmin that wouldn't shut up. 🙁

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

“Her”.

A complete Walter Mitty we’re talking about here. 

29 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

“Her”.

Crack on and read all the posts I did in the pregnancy forum on here 13 years ago, this has taken a hell of a lot of planning, this how to fake being a woman in 2023. 🧐😂 That's the only thread still going from when I used to spend time here. 

Out of interest, genuinely curious what is it that makes you think I'm a dude?

Insulting me repeatedly and accusing me of trolling is just giving the impression to all the people lurking, that you don't seem to want to discuss any opposing viewpoints in any meaningful way.  🤷‍♀️

14 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

It's a tweet so of limited value but it does say that someone with admirable legal experience and with, probably, a foot in both camps on this issue reckons a  compromise could be reached.

Humza would have gained a  lot of respect if he'd pursued this rather than doing what he's doing.

Hahahaha 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

“Her”.

Did you check if I'm real yet?

Still no actual response to my "transphobia" and still no explanation why I must be a man and a troll either.