The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

7 minutes ago, f_c_dundee said:

I'm really not surprised. It feels like going round in circles :(

However, here is an article from James Esses earlier this year, on how he was terminated from his position as a Childline volunteer counsellor after he questioned how gender affirming language was becoming expected in the service.  He was also expelled from his masters course for expressing these views, and for petitioning the government to protect evidence-based therapeutic practices for children.

He is apparently evil for questioning this approach, so I will no doubt get pelters for sharing it*.  It's a more eloquent example than I can manage of one of the areas in which this idea has spread and no debate or discussion was to be had.  

https://web.archive.org/web/20230126083506/https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/how-childline-was-captured-by-trans-ideology/

*For the avoidance of doubt/gotcha attempts, I do not agree with everything Mr Esses has ever said or tweeted.

I do agree in principle that it is not good care and is in fact harmful for children to be affirmed unquestioningly and told that they can be the opposite sex if they want to be.  

Screenshot_20230415_120758_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.2ba163c1bf62572ee2018e6c4b5dac59.jpg

48 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

More than half the posts you've ever made have been in this thread over the last few days, having not posted anywhere on the forum since 2010.

Correct.

A fact which I have acknowledged myself 🙄 and pointed out that I basically didn't spend as much time chatting about football after my first was born in 2009. I have 3 of the wee feckers now, which has kept me pretty busy.  Happily my youngest is keen to start coming to matches with me now and I came back on here for a nose before I went up to Arbroath the other week.  

Also as mentioned I have been aware of 'the gender debate' for over 5 years, and it is still annoying to find the same lies and nonsense being trotted out to discredit any opposing view.  I think it was when somebody said 'Gender Critical people don't believe Gender Dysphoria exists' that tipped me into commenting. 

I am happy to read opposing views and you're entitled to your views without being me calling you a bigot/troll/whatever, as you may have noticed.

Edited by f_c_dundee
typo

Just now, FreedomFarter said:

Screenshot_20230415_120758_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.2ba163c1bf62572ee2018e6c4b5dac59.jpg

you missed/chose to ignore what I said :

"*For the avoidance of doubt/gotcha attempts, I do not agree with everything Mr Esses has ever said or tweeted."

however:

TV show " we should all accept our bodies the way they are, cosmetic surgery is a worry"

Also TV show: "but here are some people who have had extensive surgery because they hated theirs."

Is a bit of an interesting take, no?

The point was you post Spectator links then when that outlet is googled we find their "latest" is more trans stuff. Propaganda churned out and you keep eating it like a pig at its trough. Stay away from your Twitter for a while so you can break from it.

16 minutes ago, f_c_dundee said:

Your comment on the content of the articles is?

I read stuff on any kind of news source btw, instead of dismissing it out of hand - you could try it!  

The Spectator isn't news its opinion. Its also surrogate media of the Tory party. It has never been interested in trans rights before and its only prior interest in women's rights has been to steadfastly oppose them. This has only changed now in order to aid Tory party election strategy. That is why I call what you're reading there propaganda.

If you want actual gender debate then read feminist academics. 

8 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

The Spectator isn't news its opinion. Its also surrogate media of the Tory party. It has never been interested in trans rights before and its only prior interest in women's rights has been to steadfastly oppose them. This has only changed now in order to aid Tory party election strategy. That is why I call what you're reading there propaganda.

If you want actual gender debate then read feminist academics. 

I have. I'm sure you would tell me they're the wrong ones too though.

The reason 'the gender debate' has exploded as a thing is because changes were made and lobbied for without consultation and by convincing organisations and even government that it was just the same as protecting the rights of gay people.  therefore if it wasn't wholeheartedly supported, it was just like being a homophobe.  No one wants tarred with that brush, do they?

This was a deliberate campaigning and lobbying tactic, e.g as seen in Ireland (see attached from a document about getting legal recognition for youth https://www.iglyo.com/only-adults/), avoiding press coverage and tacking on to other legislation.  We weren't meant to be able to question it.

As soon as it became more widely known, there has been a lot more debate.  

It's fk all to do with the Tories, who almost passed the new legislation themselves, until questions were raised mainly by women campaigners. You only ever hear much about Linehan et al, but it has been women who have been talking about this for years.

d1.png

d2.png

d3.png

d4.png

I'd always love to find out what radicalised the genital inspectors. I'm not going to lower myself by engaging with one but I'm sure the answer would be absolutely hilarious.  

It's a bit sad really to see someone who has enough time to thrash out these repetitive essays on a football forum, but has nothing better to do with that time than thrash out these repetitive essays on a football forum. 

22 hours ago, TxRover said:

Take a few minutes to consider the following list: Elagabalus, Charles-Geneviève-Louis-Auguste-André-Timothée d'Éon de Beaumont, James Barry, Albert D.J. Cashier, Alan L. Hart, Lucy Hicks Anderson, Jacqueline Charlotte Dufresnoy, Sir Ewan Forbes

Now tell me this is a modern problem caused by something society is accepting of or training children about.

1. no one ever said that people wishing to be the opposite sex never ever happened in history.  Straw man again.

2. How many of these are women who passed themselves off as men to do things that women couldn't do e.g. study to be a doctor. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️Or people literally trying to hide same sex relationships in less accepting times. 

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I'd always love to find out what radicalised the genital inspectors. I'm not going to lower myself by engaging with one but I'm sure the answer would be absolutely hilarious.  

#nodebate

genital inspectors - straw man argument no 135454254235 

4 hours ago, sophia said:

What do you mean "what"?  Isn't it obvious?

In other news this piece quite clearly demonstrates a malaise that is clear 

https://archive.ph/2023.04.14-153224/https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/viewpoint/23453647.kevin-mckenna-interviews-mandy-rhodes-my-family-feared-me/

Are you actually getting salty because you got a red coloured circle from me?

Good lord 😂

2 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Are you actually getting salty because you got a red coloured circle from me?

Good lord 😂

No, not at all, the post was specifically designed as satire that would attract opprobrium from those that, in the context of this very serious thread, I thought wouldn't see past the obvious.

20 minutes ago, sophia said:

No, not at all, the post was specifically designed as satire that would attract opprobrium from those that, in the context of this very serious thread, I thought wouldn't see past the obvious.

Hmmm. I'm going to go with "you made an absolute c**t of it" 

Nice try though. 

51 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's a bit sad really to see someone who has enough time to thrash out these repetitive essays on a football forum, but has nothing better to do with that time than thrash out these repetitive essays on a football forum. 

I thought she was trolling tbf, but no one puts this amount of effort in, especially since hardly anyone can be bothered engaging with this tl;dr moonhowling drivel. 

Imagine spending your family holiday posting about transgender issues 😂

Mental. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

I thought she was trolling tbf, but no one puts this amount of effort in, especially since hardly anyone can be bothered engaging with this tl;dr moonhowling drivel. 

Imagine spending your family holiday posting about transgender issues 😂

Mental. 

No, mind now it was at night time cos I am in the USA as well at the same time. Keep up!

Wow! I’m bewildered by this thread, who actually cares what anyone does in their lives? If they aren’t harming anyone, who gives an actual f**k? 
There does seem to be a “middle ground” as proposed by the transphobes, “we will not tolerate anything other than our outdated views on this” it’s all bullshit.

@TxRover put it far more eloquently than I can, views change, the world changes, things that didn’t seem “normal” to people of my parents or grandparents age are now the new normal, and the world is a far better place for it. 
The same type of people reeling against transgender people now, are the same bigots that would have been against “the gays” 40 or 50 years ago.