The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Yeah, Billy can’t tweet anything anymore without at least 30 of them calling him a misogynist in the comments. Someone actually turned up to a show to shout at him a few weeks back. 

Yup. And she was unrepentant about it. The enormous ego required to do that is unreal. 

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yup. And she was unrepentant about it. The enormous ego required to do that is unreal. 

It’s just fucking brainworms mate. When you can excoriate Billy Bragg, yet laud Matt Walsh as being a champion of women’s rights and handwave away actual sieg heiling Nazis attending Kellie-Jay Keen’s demo in Melbourne, yet still claim to be left wing….no wonder they’ve got concerns over self ID because their own self IDing is batshit mental. 

18 hours ago, sophia said:

There was someone on GMS this morning talking on this subject, I think she was called Laura Sumption and she sounded like a bloke.

Some things are just not right.

I've re-checked and it seems that the thing that wasn't right was me and it was in fact Lord Sumption so I must apologise to @Sherrif John Bunnell @DA Baracus @Iain @Benjamin_Nevis @itzdrk @Savage Henry

cc5c9e_fmt.jpg

18 hours ago, TxRover said:

Your “I don’t believe in it” approach. The Catholic Church against Heliocentrism, the Chinese and Russian Communist Parties on religion, the Church of England outside the UK on same sex relationships, the Trump Administration on immigration, and so many more use that. It doesn’t make it right, it makes you wrong…check back in a decade or two and perhaps you’ll have the good grace to be ashamed of your beliefs, but I doubt it.

As for the rest, you recycle the same points we refute and reargue them, so I’m not willing to subject everyone else to it again. You don’t agree, fine…now off you go and find another hobby horse to ride into the ground.

Edit: Just noticed that these posts match rather well with someone on EDT (Eastern Daylight Time vs BST), and the timing also matches available free time for a certain Liz Truss, visiting Washington, D.C. right now…and asking “what is a woman?”…

Or someone who doesn't sleep well, but you can ignore that whole bit I explained as well 🙄 Or get busy making a tin foil hat for yourself, holy crap. 

I've had no new evidence or information that changes my mind. 6 sexes wtf? Puberty blockers are fine because they're used for a physical condition like precocious puberty, which is not the same thing? 

I still believe there are 2 sexes, you can't change from one to another in any meaningful way, legal sex is a fiction that was convenient at the time for politicians who actually *didn't* support same sex marriage FFS. 

These were as much an undisputed fact as 'water is wet' up until very recently, so it's up to you to justify the changes that you support. 

Also no, just because there have been gender non conforming people since the year dot in history,  that doesn't mean I'm uniformed. I think I missed answering that one before.  I also was (and am) funnily enough, constantly laughed at as a tomboy for not liking "girl stuff". 🙄

I'm no the flat-earther here. 

If you want I can also total up the number of times that I've been told to go away. Almost like you don't want to hear a different view expressed? 🤔

Every "GC" person isn't the same. You can't conflate every bats**t or unpleasant statement ever made on Twitter, to deflect from bothering to seriously reply. 

I am not: Far right/conservative/a man/evangelical Christian/a particular feminist you dislike/Donald Fkin Trump etc. 

You've spent so much time deciding amongst yourselves why I got into this thread and no time listening to my answers as far as I can see.  Just thinking of reasons I should be dismissed so that no one listens. 

Must be the 9th rule of Misogyny : Men always know the 'real reasons'  for everything women do and say 😉 <- wink indicates tongue in cheek comment.  

Lots of love, Your pal Liz. Just away to get some breakfast the now. 👍 What time actually is it where she's meant to be? 🤣

4 hours ago, f_c_dundee said:

Or someone who doesn't sleep well, but you can ignore that whole bit I explained as well 🙄 Or get busy making a tin foil hat for yourself, holy crap. 

I've had no new evidence or information that changes my mind. 6 sexes wtf? Puberty blockers are fine because they're used for a physical condition like precocious puberty, which is not the same thing? 

I still believe there are 2 sexes, you can't change from one to another in any meaningful way, legal sex is a fiction that was convenient at the time for politicians who actually *didn't* support same sex marriage FFS. 

These were as much an undisputed fact as 'water is wet' up until very recently, so it's up to you to justify the changes that you support. 

Also no, just because there have been gender non conforming people since the year dot in history,  that doesn't mean I'm uniformed. I think I missed answering that one before.  I also was (and am) funnily enough, constantly laughed at as a tomboy for not liking "girl stuff". 🙄

If you want I can also total up the number of times that I've been told to go away. Almost like you don't want to hear a different view expressed? 🤔

Every "GC" person isn't the same. You can't conflate every bats**t or unpleasant statement ever made on Twitter, to deflect from bothering to seriously reply. 

I am not: Far right/conservative/a man/evangelical Christian/a particular feminist you dislike/Donald Fkin Trump etc. 

You've spent so much time deciding amongst yourselves why I got into this thread and no time listening to my answers as far as I can see.  Just thinking of reasons I should be dismissed so that no one listens. 

Must be the 9th rule of Misogyny : Men always know the 'real reasons'  for everything women do and say 😉 <- wink indicates tongue in cheek comment.  

Lots of love, Your pal Liz. Just away to get some breakfast the now. 👍 What time actually is it where she's meant to be? 🤣

1) You’re wrong, but that’s your right…(It’ll just haunt you in the future)

2) So anything currently being done is fine until you prove otherwise…more than a few holes in that boat.

3) You’ve elected to side with the batshit crazy and used some of their talking points…that’s a problem for you.

4) Do explain again how many people you know in this boat. I have a significant number of persons in my circle facing the tyranny of the Rethuglican party trying to erase them, so, yes, I take your statements personally.

5) Ah, the mansplaining excuse.

What a state to get into. Tremendous 😂

Great Post

14 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Erm, what? 

What do you mean "what"?  Isn't it obvious?

In other news this piece quite clearly demonstrates a malaise that is clear 

https://archive.ph/2023.04.14-153224/https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/viewpoint/23453647.kevin-mckenna-interviews-mandy-rhodes-my-family-feared-me/

4 minutes ago, sophia said:

What do you mean "what"?  Isn't it obvious?

In other news this piece quite clearly demonstrates a malaise that is clear 

https://archive.ph/2023.04.14-153224/https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/viewpoint/23453647.kevin-mckenna-interviews-mandy-rhodes-my-family-feared-me/

Harvie and the Greens are just spiteful trolls. Nothing more.

1 hour ago, f_c_dundee said:

Are we still pretending that people joined P&B years ago just to post on this topic? 🤔

More than half the posts you've ever made have been in this thread over the last few days, having not posted anywhere on the forum since 2010.

Edited by welshbairn

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tories-should-fight-next-election-29211636#amp-readmore-target

"The big thing in terms of 2019, there were three things that won us the election," he said.

"It was nothing to do with me, it was Brexit, it was Boris, it was Corbyn and it was as simple as that.

"Those three things together were a great campaign, great ingredients.

"At the next election we haven't got those three things so we'll have to think of something else. It'll probably be a mix of culture wars and trans debate."

Screenshot_20230415_100659_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.770e9f5f0e629ec0184e9e05d8a963e0.jpg

39 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'm pleased to say that most of this thread has left me totally baffled.

I'm really not surprised. It feels like going round in circles :(

However, here is an article from James Esses earlier this year, on how he was terminated from his position as a Childline volunteer counsellor after he questioned how gender affirming language was becoming expected in the service.  He was also expelled from his masters course for expressing these views, and for petitioning the government to protect evidence-based therapeutic practices for children.

He is apparently evil for questioning this approach, so I will no doubt get pelters for sharing it*.  It's a more eloquent example than I can manage of one of the areas in which this idea has spread and no debate or discussion was to be had.  

https://web.archive.org/web/20230126083506/https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/how-childline-was-captured-by-trans-ideology/

*For the avoidance of doubt/gotcha attempts, I do not agree with everything Mr Esses has ever said or tweeted.

I do agree in principle that it is not good care and is in fact harmful for children to be affirmed unquestioningly and told that they can be the opposite sex if they want to be.