The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

22 hours ago, Empty It said:

Shocked to see the tory egg tossing that is rugby has banned trans women from playing.

Illustrates quite nicely why transgender people can't simply be given their own category, as is often thrown about. Countrywide, the ban affects 7 players. They can't even get a game of fives between them. 

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I'm not surprised you're confused by that position and I can't help you either because it's a position you've entirely concocted from your own imagination.

No idea why you'd even think I was advocating such a thing.

I quoted you where you said "like everything" 

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

Not exactly the same thing but there have been historical alterations of people's physyical sexual characteristics. The Ottoman and other cultures used to castrate boys so they could be safely left with Harems and the Italians had castrato singers into the 20th century. 

They did.  They weren't women.

There are Pacific Islands communities where adolescents don't have a prescribed role in society until their gender is decided based on their personality and what they are drawn to, so it's not entirely unheard of for people with male genitalia to perform traditional roles ascribed to women and be regarded as women, and vice versa for those with female genitalia.

The 'norm' for us is entirely down to social conditioning.

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

He's gone back and edited that out. Not sure why given it can still be seen on your quoting him. 

I'm shocked to find out Trans activists again whatever they are and woke people aren't to blame for everything 

Ok I've never posted on this thread for reasons, that I've not got a fucking clue what you're all arguing about. Honestly, is this a western thing or something.

Maybe it's me, and maybe I come over a bit naive. I don't know all the new names for each gender, sorry.

I have a ladyboy as a friend, I work with another. My wife has about 4 ladyboys, that come to the house to social. My son teacher is a tomboy, he married to a girl you is my daughters teacher.

I'm getting confused, because I and everyone else here doesn't give 2 fucks.  

For all the ladyboys and tomboys I've mention, I have no clue if they have had an operation, and why is it my business to know such things.

I'm sorry, I've lived in an environment that doesn't have answers, but we don't even question in the first place. 

I read the full thread from page 10 today.

The question 'What is a man' 'What is woman' kept getting posted.

Well here is the uneducated thought of a man/woman.

A man is human or woman is a human  both are interchangeable  to that  particular person of man/woman. Who gives you the right to tell them different once they decide. It's a personal decision that that I/you or any other c**t want  to believe.

It's none of my fucking business what I think a man or woman is. That not science, that's respect to another human.

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The comments on this are mental.

The article's paywalled, but from the comments I'm guessing that someone's appointed a paedophile to prey on young girls under the guise of giving health advice, rather than appointing some of the commenting women who clearly applied for the job themselves.

Bit weird as the headline looks like it's just trying to promote free tampons and pads, but hopefully they manage to get this dangerous guy locked up ASAP.

24 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Who are you to dictate to other people what they should or should not be interested in?

Who put you in charge of deciding what questions people should and should not ask?

Just because you're not interested in knowing doesn't give you the right to start dictating what others do.

Yes, human progress would be so much better if we all just didn't ask any questions whatsoever - especially awkward ones. 🙄

Jeezo.

He never dictated anything. He gave his opinion.

You seem very hung up on having the right to ask people what their genitalia is.

WFTfuckingW

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It's not surprising. This is exactly what happens when you force ideology down people's throats.

True equality simply won't happen unless people are guided willingly along the journey. Steam-rolling over an entire population is just going to build resentment and hold things back. You can't force these things. How many times do humans need to learn this very simple lesson?

Is it you I show my penis to everytime I want into a gents toilets?

How dare any of you question the great Oaksoft's right to post whatever shite he fancies!

Bloody fascists the lot of you. It's a wonder he continues to grace us with his presence at all, considering how long his Big List of P&B b*****ds must be by now!

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

How dare any of you question the great Oaksoft's right to post whatever shite he fancies!

Bloody fascists the lot of you. It's a wonder he continues to grace us with his presence at all, considering how long his Big List of P&B b*****ds must be by now!

It would be more boring without him. Like American politics without Trump.