The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Straight onto the nation’s top priorities. 

I was going to say that blocking Scotland from managing its own affairs is a fairly big priority in the nation of England, but frankly it's only considered important in Westminster and Buckingham Palace.

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I was going to say that blocking Scotland from managing its own affairs is a fairly big priority in the nation of England, but frankly it's only considered important in Westminster and Buckingham Palace.

If Scotland went independent, it would probably register for the water cooler chat at my work but be way below love island, football, bake off, rugby, weather and roadworks on the M5. No one really cares

10 minutes ago, razamanaz said:

How can the gender be changed on a birth certificate - Is that not a legal document? Apologise, kind of ignorant with the whole gender thing

Male to female, they just add “fe”,

other way round requires tippex.

I’m not a qualified lawyer so I’d suggest you seek further advice before acting on the above.

8 minutes ago, razamanaz said:

How can the gender be changed on a birth certificate - Is that not a legal document? Apologise, kind of ignorant with the whole gender thing

No, you can have information changed on your birth certificate in other ways already, like if a DNA test proves that your listed father's sperm didn't win the race to your mother's egg after all.

Apparently they stick a wee addendum on the full version to note that a change was made. Possibly with a wee picture of Jeremy Kyle.

3 hours ago, razamanaz said:

I believe that it used to be a doctor, after examining you at birth told you what your gender was and this was written on your birth certificate.

The debate is that now, gender is a mental issue, not a physical one,  and when you are old enough, in Scotland now 16, you can decide what your gender is. So you can change it.

4 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

I believe that it used to be a doctor, after examining you at birth told you what your gender was and this was written on your birth certificate.

That's still the case. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

The debate is that now, gender is a mental issue, not a physical one,  and when you are old enough, in Scotland now 16, you can decide what your gender is. So you can change it.

Not quite as simple as that. You need to be given a medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria, which takes a hell of a long time to do - I believe the waiting list for your first consultation in Scotland is north of 3 years and around double that down south. The GRA reforms propose that if someone lives as their chosen gender for 6 months then they'll be able to change their paperwork without the medical diagnosis. 

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm not commenting about the value of the job itself but when this guy bizarrely talked about "people who menstruate", that raised alarm bells right there. The word he was looking for was "women" and if he can't say that word in that context, he has no business doing that job.

I might be wrong but I'm not sure that what young girls and women really want is some woke buffoon mansplaining menstruation to them.

Some trans men menstruate. 

14 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

That's still the case. 

Not quite as simple as that. You need to be given a medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria, which takes a hell of a long time to do - I believe the waiting list for your first consultation in Scotland is north of 3 years and around double that down south. The GRA reforms propose that if someone lives as their chosen gender for 6 months then they'll be able to change their paperwork without the medical diagnosis. 

What does ‘living as their gender’ involve exactly?

31 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's easy to see why so many women are getting angry about this trans debate with Woke Folk, consisting of predominately men, telling them that they've decided that what defines a woman has been changed with no consent, no debate and no questions welcomed without vicious personal attacks and with no explanation of what the new definition actually is.

Trans rights are supported more by women than men.

Desperate attention-seeking from Paisley.

We just need Wisbit to claim women are a hoax, Supras to call everyone a rapist, and Div to pull the plug on the server out of embarrassment.

• 1 month later...

The guy is at the capers. It's a deliberately extreme example to highlight how ludicrous Canadian laws have become in prioritising the individual's right to self-expression over everything and anything else. Understandably there are people up in arms labelling him a 'pervert' and such, but they're missing his point and don't really understand why he's doing it. If he can turn up to teach minors wearing a wig and a ridiculous pair of prosthetic breasts, and the law protects his right to do that, where does that right to self-expression end, and the protection of the rights of minors, and the obvious health and safety considerations given the demands of his job, return to being paramount?