Celtic v Rangers Wed 2nd February

4 minutes ago, GAD said:

You can see why Rangers were absolutely desperate for this to be behind closed doors. Everyone said they were shit scared of playing Celtic in front of a crowd, and today they were proven correct.

Rangers never pushed for it to be behind closed doors. 

Absolutely abject performance. So deflating and I don't think the power of momentum can be understated.

The only players close to getting pass marks tonight were Arfield and Jack. A slight improvement in the second half but let's be honest, the game was done at that point. Celtic didn't need to play and could just see it out. Evidently took their foot of the gas.

I've never seen a player so out of his depth at any level of football for a long time as Barisic was tonight. I don't think he was helped at all with our set up that allowed Celtic an overload on that side but f**k me, he was woeful.

And as bad as Rangers were, Celtic were good. It could've been a couple more if it were not for McGregor and some missed chances. Their 2nd and 3rd men runs killed us all night. Juranovic best player on the park.

Goodnight and god bless.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Absolutely abject performance. So deflating and I don't think the power of momentum can be understated.

The only players close to getting pass marks tonight were Arfield and Jack. A slight improvement in the second half but let's be honest, the game was done at that point. Celtic didn't need to play and could just see it out. Evidently took their foot of the gas.

I've never seen a player so out of his depth at any level of football for a long time as Barisic was tonight. I don't think he was helped at all with our set up that allowed Celtic an overload on that side but f**k me, he was woeful.

And as bad as Rangers were, Celtic were good. It could've been a couple more if it were not for McGregor and some missed chances. Their 2nd and 3rd men runs killed us all night. Juranovic best player on the park.

Goodnight and god bless.

So basically your shit ?? 

If i was a wee bit more of an arsehole i'd go and quote the hunners of sneering 'Angeball???? 🤣🤣🤣🤣' type posts but i'll not bother. A long, long way to go with a few twists and turns to come yet, but that was brilliant tonight. Everything we've tried to implement this season worked to perfection in the first 60 minutes, 100mph, non-stop suffocating football. We're missing Turnbull, Rogic and our best player in Kyogo, so the credit has to go to Ange for finding boys like O'Riley who could come in and hit the ground running in massive games - i can't recall ever having such a high hit rate as we've had with our recent signings. 

Aside from the GIRUY stuff, Jack was very good for Rangers in the second half and they'll improve with him in the side from here on in, he'll be handy for Scotland too. A wee bit concerned with how much we seemed to tire and Rangers could well have pulled one back around the 70 minute mark, but it's understandable with players just back from injury as well as the frantic way we started. 

Not getting carried away just yet, i think there'll be a reaction from Rangers now, but considering the state we were in in July having lost our best players and then latterly the upheaval with Dom McKay disappearing,  the fact we're top of the league in February is something Ange should be applauded for. His ability to mould this team in his style, as well as identifying the perfect players for it has given us something that is great fun to watch. 

Edited by Fratelli