Celtic v Rangers Wed 2nd February

Sure and steady but didn't really have any influence on the match.  Greg Taylor deserves much more credit than he gets [emoji56]
Going to pick you up on this one. His run then reverse into Abada for the second goal was superb. Without it, no goal.

Looks easy, but Abada is so close he has to be perfect there, less than a minute after Aribo messed up a far simpler pass.

And his movement to continuously move to the Rangers left and concise the hell out of/make a 2 on 1 v Barasic largely led to Barasic being hooked for looking like he'd never played football before. [emoji846]

Taylor, agreed. Very good game tonight. Defo deserves more credit than he gets. Both Celtic fullbacks were excellent tonight.

4 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

This.

Looked like a rabbit caught in headlights tonight. If his "big signings" don't work out then he'll get his jotters come May.

Two tough games coming up and if more points are dropped then I think we'll see calls for him to go. The high tempo and closing down that we've previously seen is long gone and we now sit off teams letting them run at us.

The two loan signings smack of panic buys and I can't see them working,

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Gio already looking like a disaster for Rangers. If Celtic get the £40m next season, could we see an unprecedented 30 in a row ??

I think disaster is a bit strong given he won 8 of his opening 9 games, but our form in the last 3 has been particularly poor.

I think disaster is a bit strong given he won 8 of his opening 9 games, but our form in the last 3 has been particularly poor.
I thin the performances were showing plenty of warning signs as he was still winning games, the results are now just catching up with those warning signs.

How many of those wins did they actually play well?

Alright lads, just back in and looking for Diallos highlight reel checked everywhere? Any clues? Has big Starfelt pocketed him and took him home? 

Fucking yaaaass, his name is Reo!1111 

It really is a GIRFUY to everyone who turned there nose up to Ange and the standard of the J league. Best derby debut since Lubo? Possibly imo.

2 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

I thin the performances were showing plenty of warning signs as he was still winning games, the results are now just catching up with those warning signs.

9 minutes ago, bennett said:

Two tough games coming up and if more points are dropped then I think we'll see calls for him to go. The high tempo and closing down that we've previously seen is long gone and we now sit off teams letting them run at us.

The two loan signings smack of panic buys and I can't see them working,

Is the problem not more that he’s trying to change the way a winning team play when he really should have have done everything he could to keep it as it was for the rest of this season. 

6 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Without a doubt there were warning signs, but they were also there under Gerrard. I just feel disaster is a bit of hyperbole. I'm not saying we have been great under him.

Alright lads, just back in and looking for Diallos highlight reel checked everywhere? Any clues? Has big Starfelt pocketed him and took him home? 
It really is a GIRFUY to everyone who turned there nose up to Ange and the standard of the J league. Best derby debut since Lubo? Possibly imo.

Not having that, Lubo was playing against a better team and we now know was one of the best players to grace the Scottish game ever. [emoji1787]

Impressive Old Firm debut all the same. Mentioned you earlier, in that you took it well when most of us thought in August Ange wouldn't see Xmas (you included at times!). Don't think you could have dreamed that Celtic would comfortably be the best team in Glasgow by February, but bet you're delighted by it.

I haven’t seen anyone turn their nose up at the J League except Rangers fans who were clearly shitting themselves after Kyogo’s lightening start to his Celtic career.

Japanese international footballers will clearly be too good for the Scottish Premiership and anyone who thinks otherwise needs a lobotomy. 

The Angeball jibes came from when he was still having to work with the laughably shite squad he inherited.

Without a doubt there were warning signs, but they were also there under Gerrard. I just feel disaster is a bit of hyperbole. I'm not saying we have been great under him.
Fair on the Gerard warning signs as well. I actually think that's one of the reasons he jumped to Villa when he did, could likely see this coming as Celtic were on the rise and he was struggling to recreate the previous seasons form.

I think the post above (I can't figure multi quote on a phone) is pretty on point. He seems to be trying to change too much and one of those things, how you press and defend, he doesn't have the players for.

The group he has its built for a high press and winning the ball high. Not for sitting in and trying to soak up pressure. It's been obvious since the turn of the year you've not got that in your locker. Aberdeen and Country were warning signs, yet tonight you could see when before Celtic scored the first that's how you were setting up.

Also got to question you playing into Celtics hands trying to play out every goal kick when their strength is the high press and you've been poor at playing through even a half decent press all season. That seemed stubborn to me. Start with Bassey at LB and get him pushed high, at least give yourself a chance to get out by having him as a target.

Teams know Rangers are always going to try to play out at they don't even bother setting up to defend that ball, the let you give it to Goldson, who will then go to Tavernier then they cut the options right side and squeeze you in. So obvious, Celtic did it all night but I don't remember once you trying to just go beyond the first press.

5 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Not having that, Lubo was playing against a better team and we now know was one of the best players to grace the Scottish game ever. emoji1787.png

Impressive Old Firm debut all the same. Mentioned you earlier, in that you took it well when most of us thought in August Ange wouldn't see Xmas (you included at times!). Don't think you could have dreamed that Celtic would comfortably be the best team in Glasgow by February, but bet you're delighted by it.

Just about to watch it again on Sportscene still buzzing as it was beyond what I expected.

But right now feeling pretty vindicated, backed the big man from the start and this is far from job done, far from job done however based on tonight it’s in our hands which is a position many on here never gave us a sniff.

Surprised at how poor Rangers were too so passive 

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

That’s a bit of a silly statement. Anyone with any common sense and understanding of football knows the J League and in particular Japanese International players are of a much higher standard than Scottish football.

Also, Ange has a major advantage over the rest of the league in the funds he has had to spend assembling his squad. He was always going to do well. 

Lubo was a class act that played in a different era against much better opposition.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s a bit of a silly statement. Anyone with any common sense and understanding of football knows the J League and in particular Japanese International players are of a much higher standard than Scottish football.

Also, Ange has a major advantage over the rest of the league in the funds he has had to spend assembling his squad. He was always going to do well. 

Lubo was a class act that played in a different era against much better opposition.

It’s not because I was here in June, July and August arguing that very point. Maybe not with you however the usual bangers who are first in the line to stick the boot in.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s not because I was here in June, July and August arguing that very point. Maybe not with you however the usual bangers who are first in the line to stick the boot in.

In modern football the managers who spend the most money generally win the most titles. He also took over a team who had won 14 of last 20 titles and 9 from last 10 so he’s hardly taken a team from rags to riches.

If he wins the league, it’s a triumph, but not the great underdog story the Scottish media want it to be.