Celtic v Rangers Wed 2nd February

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

Hyperbole aside, I'm not sure how that relates to what I said...

Its the point about a potential disaster. Rangers have been pretty much flawless for the past 18 months in the the league, change of manager and no one really seems to fear Rangers anymore and everyone is having a go at them and 2 points from your last 9 means it isn't too wild to ask the question if this has potential disaster written all over it.

And is it hyperbole? Did you watch that interview last night? Full of cliches when the reality is he hasn't a clue what happened last night he was rattling like a bag of spanners. He set a team out to try contain us which if he watched his own team over the previous 2 matches it was plain to see you can't do a containing job, you tried to contain Ross County and failed and he expected to do it against Celtic? 

You mentioned before that he has to be given time to adapt, he isn't in the position Ange was where he had to be given that time and essentially its a free hit for Ange. Gio is taking a team at the top with only 14 games left to play and where there are very fine margins, he has to get it right now not 3-4 weeks down the line, it could be gone by then. 

Huge weekend this one for both Celtic and Rangers

20 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Yip. Exactly.

As I said, he'd be behind Hayes and MacKenzie at Aberdeen.

Hahaha please.

Id have Bassey at left back before Croatian international Barisic never mind Johnny fucking Hayes. 

Unlike most Rangers supporters I’d take Lewis Ferguson for a squad player but other than that you’re ok. You can keep the rest and I’d only take him if he was ever out of contract

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Dialla and Tavernier looked absolutely terrified when they came out the tunnel last night - one is a kid, but the other is your captain and leader.

Said this earlier, they had bottled it before the warm up had finished. The fans were right on them from the second they came out and most of them look terrified. There was a wee guy winding up Kent during the warm up and he didn't stop for the entire 15 minutes or so, you could tell he was right under his skin. 

They were even complaining about the ballboys. Don't get me wrong there was some top class shithousery going on from the young lads however the point stands that Rangers mentally weren't ready for this or thought they were until they stepped on the park 

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Can’t stop watching this, think Broony put a wig and wore a mask. Wore a long sleeve shirt to put everyone off as well.

he calls him a shitebag for turning away 🤣

Its like watching a horror movie and Barisic is trying to escape 

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Its the point about a potential disaster. Rangers have been pretty much flawless for the past 18 months in the the league, change of manager and no one really seems to fear Rangers anymore and everyone is having a go at them and 2 points from your last 9 means it isn't too wild to ask the question if this has potential disaster written all over it.

And is it hyperbole? Did you watch that interview last night? Full of cliches when the reality is he hasn't a clue what happened last night he was rattling like a bag of spanners. He set a team out to try contain us which if he watched his own team over the previous 2 matches it was plain to see you can't do a containing job, you tried to contain Ross County and failed and he expected to do it against Celtic? 

You mentioned before that he has to be given time to adapt, he isn't in the position Ange was where he had to be given that time and essentially its a free hit for Ange. Gio is taking a team at the top with only 14 games left to play and where there are very fine margins, he has to get it right now not 3-4 weeks down the line, it could be gone by then. 

But I'm not arguing there is no potential for it to be a disaster. I'm arguing that it is not a disaster yet. I think any Rangers fan would tell you that things haven't been good enough in our recent form and we do need to improve significantly, but let's not pretend we were flying under Gerrard this season. We conceded the first goal in a ridiculous number of games and had to scrap to salvage as many points as possible.

1 point behind at the beginning of February is not a disaster. Losing the league and the ultimate CL windfall that goes with it, would be. I'm not sure what there is to disagree with in what I'm saying.

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, no qualms with that. If we don't win the league he will have failed. I just don't think we are at that stage yet.

I also agree about the style of play - it needs adapted to suit what we are and were previously good at. Saying that, it was all rather stale under Gerrard this season too.

He doesn’t seem to know how to adapt coupled with the players don’t seem to want to play for him.

Winners like Jack and Davis being benched for that game last night whilst shite-bags like Diallo and Tavernier started was bordering on criminal.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He doesn’t seem to know how to adapt coupled with the players don’t seem to want to play for him.

Winners like Jack and Davis being benched for that game last night whilst shite-bags like Diallo and Tavernier started was bordering on criminal.

To give him any sort of defence in that regard, Steven Davis has been injured and hasn't played a single minute of football since the 9th of December and similarly Jack is just back from a year out and has only played 90 minutes of football all season.

Edited by AJF

I'm going to point back to when he decided not to intervene in the cup semi final, either before the game or at half time when they were getting a shoeing from Hibs.

It was a bizarre decision at the time, but the passive, timid, fairly weak displays we've seen from his team since then suggest that may have been the first warning sign for Rangers fans.

I tend to agree that he looked utterly rattled after the game last night and did something that, to be fair to him, Gerard never did.

How many times did we hear a Gerard say "that's on me". He tended to take it on the chin publicly for the players, while presumably saying his piece behind closed doors.

GVB was quite clearly blaming the players least night for not implementing his game plan, without acknowledging that game plan was crazy.

Had a hint of the latter day Mourinho interviews about it, when things weren't going his way. Just a touch, not full Jose box office or anything.

5 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

I'm going to point back to when he decided not to intervene in the cup semi final, either before the game or at half time when they were getting a shoeing from Hibs.

It was a bizarre decision at the time, but the passive, timid, fairly weak displays we've seen from his team since then suggest that may have been the first warning sign for Rangers fans.

This is a bit of a non-issue that has grown arms and legs. Gio was not granted a work permit until after the semi final. He was simply not allowed to interfere or take charge.

Gerrard got rinsed by Celtic, went away and worked on a way to beat them, then carried that out.

That's the task for GVB now, but something about him reeks of tactical failure, so I'm not sure he's got it in him. He'll be reliant on his big players performing for results.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Gerrard got rinsed by Celtic, went away and worked on a way to beat them, then carried that out.

That's the task for GVB now, but something about him reeks of tactical failure, so I'm not sure he's got it in him. He'll be reliant on his big players performing for results.

But Gerrard only needed to be better than Lennon.  I think some of the cheerleading for Ange is a bit premature, but I never had the slightest doubt that Celtic were crazy to re-hire Lennon.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

But he's staunch and Dutch and WATP?

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He looks lost.