SUPERBOWL LVI

lichtie23

Can't in good faith support an AFC team with a young QB waltzing through the lot and winning it in their first playoff run in a generation, so as much as I'm not keen to see the Rams "who cares about draft picks and the salary cap is a myth" approach pay off I'll be hoping they do it. 

No really bothered about who wins this. Rams have always notionally been my NFC team, but.... Eric Weddle... urgh. Cinci probably the weakest AFC Champion since SD fluked it in Pittsburgh 27 years ago. Just hope it's an entertaining game. If LAR somehow cuts Weddle in the next week or two, then Go Rams! I suppose.

As a neutral, pretty happy that either Stafford or Burrow gets a ring. Want the Bengals to win though, because I think Jalen Ramsey is an utter p***k, and even though it would deny Von Miller another ring, I don’t care much for the Rams galacticos approach. Also, their fanbase is built on shifting sands and LA isn’t a real football ‘market’. Bengals have been shite for decades, so would like to see their fans get a once-in-a-lifetime (probably) Super Bowl win. Their uniforms are nice too. Finally, for me, Sean McVey looks like a man who has his hair carefully cut and blow-dried on a weekly basis, and I simply cannot cheer for a man who spends so much time in the salon. The chunts hair looks exactly the same every week. Did I mention Jalen Ramsey is a fanny? 

Mon’ the Bengals.

Bengals for me. Always nice to see a team that have gone through years of misery (decades might be more appropriate here) getting to enjoy some success. Gives hope to the rest of us.

Although I get the feeling ‘lack of success’ might not be something we talk about for much longer when it comes to the Bengals. That offense is set up to win for a long time.

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Bengals for me. Always nice to see a team that have gone through years of misery (decades might be more appropriate here) getting to enjoy some success. Gives hope to the rest of us.

Although I get the feeling ‘lack of success’ might not be something we talk about for much longer when it comes to the Bengals. That offense is set up to win for a long time.

Looking forward to next season already. Bengals, Browns, and Bills are no longer diddy outfits, Brady is offski (we think), Roethlisberger has gone, and there’s a huge coaching carousel. Aaron Rodgers whereabouts unknown, and the New York teams must surely improve. Steelers will need to move on from Big Ben, Saints will need to move on from Sean Payton, Broncos might actually find a QB, and the Chiefs aren’t the new Patriots after all. There’s huge interest in every division. 32 teams will start Week 1 full of hope, then by Week 2, the Jaguars will give up. Bring it on.

13 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Before we talk football, let’s talk food! What’s everyone planning snacks wise? 

Exacrly what I had before my first Super Bowl, diet coke and a pizza! (Super Bowl XXVII if anyone is interested).

NB I hate diet cola ha ha

1 minute ago, mrpaddyx said:

Exacrly what I had before my first Super Bowl, diet coke and a pizza! (Super Bowl XXVII if anyone is interested).

NB I hate diet cola ha ha

I can just about suffer Coke Zero, but the rest is just atrocious 

il need to have a chat with my head chef (the wife) to see what will be available for me at half time

For the first time in a while I am actually looking forward to the Super Bowl. I don’t mind the 2 teams and it should be an exciting game.

I am edging towards the bengals just because they aren’t the home team.

As for snacks I’m head round to my friends place and he’s going to get some roasts in the smoker to go with the wings and nachos. I’m driving so soft drinks only.