SUPERBOWL LVI

lichtie23

20 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Isn't the super bowl at the same time every year (11.30 UK time) regardless of where it is in America? 

The 1990 edition was the last one to kick off before 6pm ET / 11pm UK t

Yea it’s usually around the 11.30 mark. I remember they use to have official kick off times of 11.27pm! 

20 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Yea it’s usually around the 11.30 mark. I remember they use to have official kick off times of 11.27pm! 

Need to ft in those commercials 

As for snacks it's hot dogs same as every year 

6 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Given the time as the SB is on the West Coast, my snack intake will likely be multiple pots of coffee and a handy supply of four finger Kit Kats. 😃

To be fair it's exactly the same kick of time this year as it was last. They tend to keep the time the same to benefit Prime Time on the East Coast. This does though mean that it will be kicking off at 15:30 local time in LA. The Half Time show makes it feel a lot longer than a normal game.

7 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

To be fair it's exactly the same kick of time this year as it was last. They tend to keep the time the same to benefit Prime Time on the East Coast. This does though mean that it will be kicking off at 15:30 local time in LA. The Half Time show makes it feel a lot longer than a normal game.

As soon as I posted it, something in my brain said ‘hmmm’, are you sure, you silly old duffer. Thanks lads for keeping me straight. 👍😜

32 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Nothing to fancy I normally go for crispy onions mustard and ketchup and Usually get a 12 pack of Coors 

During lockdown we bought one of those Ninja Foodie machines, and a Ninja grill. Feckin’ brilliant. Asda do a vacuum-packed 4 x hotdogs, the name of which escapes me at present, but they’re ace. Smoky & chargrill taste. Light spray of rapeseed oil to stop stickng, three minutes in the Ninja grill. Serve on a hotdog bun, butterflied open. Mustard, ketchup, fried onions, and a big dollop of hot Stagg chilli. 

Count me in on the Super Bowl hotdog bandwagon. 😎👍

Edited by pozbaird

22 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Don't see the need to Americanise the Superbowl even further by lowering yourself to drinking utter piss like Coors :P

When I worked in the states I used to drink Coors light 😃😋

Edited by doulikefish

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

During lockdown we bought one of those Ninja Foodie machines, and a Ninja grill. Feckin’ brilliant. Asda do a vacuum-packed 4 x hotdogs, the name of which escapes me at present, but they’re ace. Smoky & chargrill taste. Light spray of rapeseed oil to stop stickng, three minutes in the Ninja grill. Serve on a hotdog bun, butterflied open. Mustard, ketchup, fried onions, and a big dollop of hot Stagg chilli. 

Count me in on the Super Bow hotdog bandwagon. 😎👍

Welcome aboard