Motherwell FC v Celtic FC Sunday 6th Feb.

I can console myself with the thought that we have Nathan McGinley to help stop the devastatingly quick and potent Celtic attack.

If we can keep this down to 5 I will consider this a moral victory. 

My only hope is that Celtic have a Old Firm hangover and that their Fir Park hodoo (which does not really exist) strikes again…

prayer GIF

18 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I can console myself with the thought that we have Nathan McGinley to help stop the devastatingly quick and potent Celtic attack.

If we can keep this down to 5 I will consider this a moral victory. 

My only hope is that Celtic have a Old Firm hangover and that their Fir Park hodoo (which does not really exist) strikes again…

prayer GIF

If they start with the same intensity as they did last night they will blow us away. Our full backs will get absolutely tortured and our goals against column will take a battering.

Their games vs Rangers are completely different from any other though, especially when they're at home with 60,000 or so behind them, basically no away support and their wee fancy light show going on to hype them up.

I'm hoping for a howling gale and pishing rain to maybe act as a bit of a leveller and prevent them coming out the traps as quickly as big Ange sets them out to. That's my only hope and clutching at straws take, in reality I'm expecting a 0-4 or more hiding.

I mean.  f**k.  Sake.  

Celtic, last night, were as good as I've seen them since the early days under Rodgers.  Absolutely blew the other lot away and it could easily have been five or six at half-time.  

I don't see Celtic coming out on Sunday with the same intensity as last night, because quite frankly they don't need to.  They'll have too much for Motherwell, and they'll want to keep the run going to keep a lead at the top.

Motherwell 0-2 Celtic. 

If we get a bit of what Rangers got in the first half last night, we're fucked so I think the only viable thing to do is kick Celtic. A lot.

To be clear I don't just mean obvious fouls - I mean players cynically taking a shot each at Celtic's key men to stretch the bookings out a bit, sneaky elbows at corners, pretending to check that Celtic players are alright after heavy tackles but getting a sneaky nip to the baws in, big shoulder barges into the hoardings when they're going fast, unnecessarily flattening/sandwiching players when we go up for headers, goalkeeper jumping with his studs up and free kick takers deliberately blootering the ball off Celtic players' nappers when they're in the wall. And then bring on subs to continue things when too many people are on a yellow. Minimum of 12 bookings please.

Final score - Motherwell 0 Celtic 2 - but at least we get something to cheer.

I think the last win v Celtic was with the Moult double at Parkhead maybe in 2015? Pretty sure we haven’t beat them at Fir Park since the 3-1 win with Higdon etc in 2013?  I think the last point we took of Celtic was with Danny Johnson’s 90th minute about 3 years ago? 9 defeats in a row since? 

The days of making it hard for Celtic at Fir Park on a regular basis seem a long long time ago. Our players despite the hefty turnover every year, and our fans, seem to just accept defeat nowadays, despite other provincial teams nicking the odd result. 

This will be as many as Celtic want it to be.

Nathan McGinley to start for us.

Edit. Am I right I’m saying you can buy tickets on the day as the QR code just gets sent to your phone anyway?

Edited by Allroy for Prez

28 minutes ago, Swello said:

If we get a bit of what Rangers got in the first half last night, we're fucked so I think the only viable thing to do is kick Celtic. A lot.

To be clear I don't just mean obvious fouls - I mean players cynically taking a shot each at Celtic's key men to stretch the bookings out a bit, sneaky elbows at corners, pretending to check that Celtic players are alright after heavy tackles but getting a sneaky nip to the baws in, big shoulder barges into the hoardings when they're going fast, unnecessarily flattening/sandwiching players when we go up for headers, goalkeeper jumping with his studs up and free kick takers deliberately blootering the ball off Celtic players' nappers when they're in the wall. And then bring on subs to continue things when too many people are on a yellow. Minimum of 12 bookings please.

Final score - Motherwell 0 Celtic 2 - but at least we get something to cheer.

Agree with the above, but would also be fine with some obvious fouls too.

15 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I can see us making a couple of changed for this, can see maybe Mccarthy Maeda and Forrest coming in. 

I see Forrest coming in as Abada looked as if he maybe had a wee tweak. Maeda possibly but i'd stick with the midfield 3 from last night. I know Rogic is available however if Hatate is only going to last the 60-70 minutes until hes fully fit then Rogic coming on gives us more options.

Every point from here is so important so we need to try put out these strongest teams we can imo

35 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I can see us making a couple of changed for this, can see maybe Mccarthy Maeda and Forrest coming in. 

Fair point.  After what Celtic put into the game last night, I'd imagine a few might still be tired.

May as well leave them out and bring in another half a dozen internationalists in their place.  Hopefully Motherwell can take advantage 🤞

6 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I see Forrest coming in as Abada looked as if he maybe had a wee tweak. Maeda possibly but i'd stick with the midfield 3 from last night. I know Rogic is available however if Hatate is only going to last the 60-70 minutes until hes fully fit then Rogic coming on gives us more options.

Every point from here is so important so we need to try put out these strongest teams we can imo

I agree but I would use Mcgregor as sparingly as possible untill its properly healed, easier said than done though.

6 hours ago, Desp said:

Fair point.  After what Celtic put into the game last night, I'd imagine a few might still be tired.

May as well leave them out and bring in another half a dozen internationalists in their place.  Hopefully Motherwell can take advantage 🤞

I dont know about half a dozen internationals, were still waiting on players coming back hence bringing on a 16 year old last night but yes I would hope we have enough to rotate a few.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I agree but I would use Mcgregor as sparingly as possible untill its properly healed, easier said than done though.

Judging by his interview he is going to play unless he is in pain. Fair play to him he was fucking outstanding last night, he's not Broonie but he led by example and terrorised their midfield.

That clip with Barisic 🤣