Celtic v Raith Rovers

It really doesn’t matter but some comical refereeing at the end there.

4-0 very harsh on us I’d say but clearly it was an easy enough win in the end for Celtic. We should have had a penalty at 1-0 and should’ve made some other openings count a little bit more, particularly first half and early second half when nabbing the ball in the final third. Lack of confidence/quality showed.

As soon as the second went in, that was that. Felt Tumilty should’ve intercepted the pass to be honest, and the third and fourth are shitey goals but what can you do.

Probably better that we ended up pumped as a 1-0 defeat with the penalty turned down would sting for years.

In games like this you need Celtic to be below par, which they were until the second goal. We had our penalty shout turned down incorrectly but unfortunately just didn't have enough up front through the game. Tried hard, but just not enough quality to trouble Celtic.

Conceding before the triple sub killed us. Demoralised and then on come some fantastic players - never ending well for us.  

Losing Benedictus is an absolute disaster with Lang now out long term. Musonda and Berra it is; one is on the way back from injury and the other no stranger to the treatment table. 

What a debut for Sean Mackie. Gets 15mins, is yellow carded, gives away a penalty and shoukd be off but the ref books the wrong player. :lol:

Edited by Michael W

Just on the way back now. Thought 4-0 was quite harsh on us. We were still in the game, albeit clearly second best, going into the last 25 minutes but the 2 quick goals were a killer. Tumilty had a good game but his misjudgement to let in Jota was a bad one. 

Thought Frankie had a good game Was looking much more like he did last season. 

The persisting with Gullan up top and bringing Varian on to play wide right is really starting to get on my nerves though. 

Went as a neutral.

Raith had a short period of about 5 mins second half that had celtic raising their eyebrow slightly.  Apart from that well, well beaten. 

Thought Raith were far too respectful first half and should have got more in Celtic's faces.  I know celtic are a good team but they sat off too much too deep.

No7 and no9 we're particularly terrible.

Fair play to the Raith support though, decent numbers and were heard.  Could have been doing with an early booking to get the game spiced up a bit.

Edited by tirso

58 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Yeah, the team did very well considering everything that was going on in the background, Celtic are different class and it told in the end

I thought Raith done as well as they could have been expected to. Never made it easy particularly in the 1st half and if they were given the penalty that they should have been given it would have made things more nervy in the 2nd half.

Thankfully we can pull some quality off the bench and that told in the 2nd half, Jota is a magician 

38 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I thought Raith done as well as they could have been expected to. Never made it easy particularly in the 1st half and if they were given the penalty that they should have been given it would have made things more nervy in the 2nd half.

Thankfully we can pull some quality off the bench and that told in the 2nd half, Jota is a magician 

Yeah when I realised he was coming on to replace Johnston my heart sank.