The Ayrshire derby

At 1-1 with 20 mins to go I was thinking that Ayr had been the better team but that we had the better chances. Then Ayr had 2 or 3 near misses which balanced the chances up a bit. The winner was coming and no surprise it came from our right/your left hand side.

It’s daft to make a judgement based on a couple of games but I was raging with the boy Dean Campbell last night after a poor display on Friday. 

If you play against us with hunger and passion you’ll beat us 9 times out of 10 because we have neither of those qualities in our game.

Thats Kilmarnock lost every single game I’ve been to this season. 

3 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Was a load of nonsense, Muirhead was suckered in and Lafferty went down like he was shot. Glad Madden let it go as there was nothing really in it.

Trying hard not to release my inner da, but can lafferty get cited for that? Reckon a one or two game ban would be merited for that sort of shite tbh.

7 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

At 1-1 with 20 mins to go I was thinking that Ayr had been the better team but that we had the better chances. Then Ayr had 2 or 3 near misses which balanced the chances up a bit. The winner was coming and no surprise it came from our right/your left hand side.

It’s daft to make a judgement based on a couple of games but I was raging with the boy Dean Campbell last night after a poor display on Friday. 

If you play against us with hunger and passion you’ll beat us 9 times out of 10 because we have neither of those qualities in our game.

Thats Kilmarnock lost every single game I’ve been to this season. 

Willing to finance you going to the remainder of games this season. 

McAdams saving his best game in an Ayr shirt to killie away. What a boy. Thought Adeloye changed the whole game when he came on though. Was trapping everything and causing killies back line all sorts of bother. McInroy is a fucking baller and should now be first name on the team sheet.

Just a thought but games like last night make me think Paddy Reading is not a left back. Utterly ragdolled about by Burke all first half again but when going forward he was unplayable. Could maybe be retrained as a left midfielder because his one on one defending is clunky and he’s useless at stopping crosses.

Was going to give Inverness away a miss but this team have changed my mind. Where’s the Bullen statue in the car park

Is Rory McKenzie not someone who plays a really advanced role either as a 10 or out-wide. To play him in midfield in a two with Dean Campbell, who is also not a defensive minded midfield looked bizarre from the start. To then make another change to bring on yet another forward thinking midfielder in Tait and sacrifice his full backs was really weird thinking from McInnes.

It is with immense sadness that we inform fans of the passing of a Kilmarnock supporter following last night’s Ayrshire Derby.

The fan suffered a cardiac arrest and received treatment on Rugby Road following last night’s game. After being treated by medics at the scene, the supporter was transferred to Crosshouse Hospital where he sadly passed away.

Our condolences and the thoughts of everyone at Kilmarnock Football Club go out to his family, friends and loved ones.

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

It is with immense sadness that we inform fans of the passing of a Kilmarnock supporter following last night’s Ayrshire Derby.

The fan suffered a cardiac arrest and received treatment on Rugby Road following last night’s game. After being treated by medics at the scene, the supporter was transferred to Crosshouse Hospital where he sadly passed away.

Our condolences and the thoughts of everyone at Kilmarnock Football Club go out to his family, friends and loved ones.

So sorry to hear this. It puts football and life as a whole in real perspective. 

Massive condolences to the family and friends of the guy. 

I'm going to propose organising a collection from all the Ayr United family to pass to a charity of the family's choosing. 

Edited with an update: I've been in touch with Kilmarnock and they're going to make contact with the guy's family to obtain their permission, which I asked them to do, before getting something organised which I'll post on here and social media. 

Edited by BukyOHare

3 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

That's very sad.

No one should go to a football match and never come home.

Condolences to his family and friends.

4 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I'm going to propose organising a collection from all the Ayr United family to pass to a charity of the family's choosing. 

Great idea. 

43 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is Rory McKenzie not someone who plays a really advanced role either as a 10 or out-wide. To play him in midfield in a two with Dean Campbell, who is also not a defensive minded midfield looked bizarre from the start. To then make another change to bring on yet another forward thinking midfielder in Tait and sacrifice his full backs was really weird thinking from McInnes.

These were my exact thoughts when I saw their team before the game, I was hoping we would dominate the midfield. It didn’t exactly happen in the first half, but it certainly did in the second after the changes.