Dundee United v Motherwell. Wednesday 9th February 7.45

Both teams in poor form and bizarrely a win for us could see us going fourth if Hibs drop points against Sevco.

I’m reluctant to name a starting XI but think the tactics maybe more important than the personnel.  Hopefully Freeman back and I’d like to see Niskanen start but that only matters if we decide to drop the ‘20 passes to get into the opposition half’ approach.  Imagine Watt will be up for this, great game for him to score his first goal in a Tangerine shirt.

Surely it must be an improvement on our performances against Dundee and St Johnstone?

16 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Saw elsewhere that he’s out 6-8 weeks with a muscle injury which is a loss as he has been 1 of the few players who attempts to get the ball into the box

Aye well we have Liam Smith.

Spoiler

:bairn

I’m pretty hopeful we can get something from this, a heavy defeat today but Celtic would have beaten any team on that form. The new guy up front looks very promising and hopefully Tierney gets a start. I know people expect Watt to score but he’s sure to hold back after already realising what a huge mistake he’s made.

It'll be good for this game to answer the age-old question - What happens when a stoppable force meets a very movable object?

Starting Niskanen is a must - would like to see us going back to Back Four - the 3/5 really hasn't helped us going forward. Pawlett needs dropped - but he won't be.

This line-up please:

Siegrist
Smith Edwards Graham McMann
Levitt    Harkes
Mochrie    Clark     Niskanen
Watt

Edited by Ray Patterson
RB injured

1 hour ago, Ray Patterson said:

It'll be good for this game to answer the age-old question - What happens when a stoppable force meets a very movable object?

Starting Niskanen is a must - would like to see us going back to Back Four - the 3/5 really hasn't helped us going forward. Pawlett needs dropped - but he won't be.

This line-up please:

Siegrist
Freeman Edwards Graham McMann
Levitt    Harkes
Mochrie    Clark     Niskanen
Watt

Freeman is out for 3 weeks at least. 

I'll be there on Wednesday, after all you can't boo or criticise if your not there!! Threatening the young lad that if he doesn't behave he's having to use his season ticket and sit through another soul destrying 90minutes.

All seriousness, not looking forward to this at all as the evidence does not suggest we'll suddenly revert back to being purposeful on the ball or moving it quickly. The chances of us scoring aren't good.

Interestingly we have scored more points over the last five games than Motherwell (5 v 2), although god.knows how with the standard of play.

0-0 bore-fest

Edited by Tannadeechee

I am going all in on this one, up in the afternoon, something to eat and a few drinks then a Premier Inn stay.

Alexander should have seen enough recently to know what works and what doesn’t.  A decent performance should see a victory.