Saints v Saintees - Wednesday 9 February

Just now, Sainthearted said:

What did Hendry get booked for? Ref clearly reacted to the crowd. 

I wouldn't put it past us to sneak an equaliser. When the ball actually reaches the final third we don't look too bad. 

Shaughnessy held his face for a second before jumping back up, so he's just guessed at an elbow.

I'd be surprised if we manage another shot on target.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

In the first half, at 1-0, we looked comfortable. First half was even.

I completely understand you're absolutely desperate to troll everyone though, as you've been trying for about a week everywhere on the site, but its true.

Weve been shite since the St Mirren penalty and have looked finished since the 2nd.

Doon and stay doon.

Just now, nelsjfc said:

Is Crawford untouchable or something?

I genuinely think Davidson forgets he's on the pitch.

I've literally no idea what shape we're playing now, just complete panic here. We're fucked.

On the morning of the Scottish cup final I went to get my days drink. An old man asked me what I’d give for the double. I said anything. He said would you take relegation and I said absolutely.

I’m convinced it was the fucking devil now.

The back four seems to have neutralised the threat from the flanks. 

Also, if this is the best St Mirren side of the last 40 years it must have been a really depressing 40 years. 

They're better than us but nothing to write home about. 

Doon ye go……..

The back four seems to have neutralised the threat from the flanks. 

Also, if this is the best St Mirren side of the last 80 years it must have been a really depressing 80 years. 

They're better than us but nothing to write home about. 

If we're going to make shit up, we need to go bigger. 

Aye, we're finished.

Decent performance and the ref changes it but we're fucking spineless, you can't collapse every time you go behind and expect anything but pain.

St Mirren are your bog standard mid table side who'll fight for everything and allow their better players to shine, it was game over the moment the equalised.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Comfortable victory in the end it pretty dire conditions. Would've been nice to have scored another but hey ho. 

Jones and Grieve looked useful tonight. Grieve was a total pest. How the St Johnstone Centre halves only saw one card between them is a mystery as the kicked or pulled him every time he passed them, which was more than a couple of times. Chuffed for him getting the goal, he deserved it. 

FT 2-1
Yeah well deserved and fairly routine three points in the end. Scored the goal early on second half and completely controlled it from that point, should have won by more in the end.
I was disappointed in St Johnstone, that was a pathetic performance from them. They didn’t look the least bit interested after we went ahead, what trouble they’re in. Reminded me of a performance from Killie when we beat them 2-0 around the same time last season. When your team starts phoning it in like that and you’re deservedly sitting bottom of the league you need to do something pronto. Where do Saintees fans think they go from here? Worrying times in Perth. You aren’t pinning your hopes on that number 17 are you? Poor fella looked like he’d never seen a football before.
From our perspective I’m delighted for Kiltie and Greive. Really well worked goal that, Kiltie overlap and smashing cross into the middle. Real poachers goal from the Kiwi, but his movement is good and he’s in the right place to stick it in the pokey and win the football match. He looks like yet another find.
One of the best days we’ve had this season is August 31st. On that day we gave MacPherson to St Johnstone and signed Connor Ronan as a replacement. Has there ever been a bigger upgrade? Connor’s swaggering around the park today, doing back flicks and step overs, showboating, and scoring (again)ofAn absolute joy to watch. Cammy MacPherson, is well… I’ll be kind, he’s playing like Cammy MacPherson.
Anyway, we are absolutely flying; any lingering relegation worries seem a distant memory now.
Unbeaten in 2022, deservedly sitting 6th and we win our game in hand we will go fourth. What times in Paisley.

That's it for us, hopefully our first signing before next season is a new manager.

Hoofball pish, what kind of tactic is that? Crawford has the worst touch of any footballer I've seen. 

Ah well, was fun while it lasted. St Mirren far better team, with a far better manager.

Not even upset any more, it is what it is, we come back better and stronger (with a better manager please).