Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

That account is extremely unreliable, looking at some of its other content. It’s put out some obvious made up stuff.

The video is real. It comes from an official Chinese government account. 

The account doesn't seem any more or less accurate than most other sources on the war. You've linked to a few accounts putting up made up stuff yourself.

Edited by Detournement

The account doesn't seem any more or less accurate than most other sources on the war. You've linked to a few accounts putting up made up stuff yourself.

Your reliability is exactly nil, considering you accused (in fact, actually argued) an individual on Twitter of being a bot, when in fact I knew said person and had been in their presence many times. Get your conspiracy shite out of here.

Your reliability is exactly nil, considering you accused an individual on Twitter of being a bot, when in fact I knew said person and had been in their presence many times. Get your conspiracy shite out of here.

13 minutes ago, Detournement said:

They were doing Gain Of Function research which is bioweapons.

No, Gain of Function research is not the same as bioweapons.

It can be, but it is not necessarily.

This stuff is funded all over the world by all kinds of companies. American investment in it in a lab doesn't mean the USA is running a bioweapons lab in that location.

It's just rubbish that shows a lack of understanding on how this type of research works.

Pipe down, young man!

11 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I mean, how is this a surprise to anyone?

The Tory party slogan is basically 'You'll need to bury your own kids in those baby coffins because of us, but we're stopping dirty foreign people coming in!' and a lot of people are ok with that.

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I mean, how is this a surprise to anyone?

The Tory party slogan is basically 'You'll need to bury your own kids in those baby coffins because of us, but we're stopping dirty foreign people coming in!' and a lot of people are ok with that.

Yes but I'd say that not being surprised is even more reason to voice your revulsion, anger, shame, whatever at the actions of the UK government. 

And while a lot of people are probably ok with this, there is I'm sure more who are not, otherwise why the pretence and despicable spin about "doing everything we can?" 

12 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Your reliability is exactly nil, considering you accused (in fact, actually argued) an individual on Twitter of being a bot, when in fact I knew said person and had been in their presence many times. Get your conspiracy shite out of here.

12 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Your reliability is exactly nil, considering you accused an individual on Twitter of being a bot, when in fact I knew said person and had been in their presence many times. Get your conspiracy shite out of here.

^^bot malfunction 

I'm old enough to remember a time when "we" were all in it together during a pandemic, except certain portions of society just weren't giving a f**k as they felt it didn't apply/include them. Funny how things overlap. 

39 minutes ago, Detournement said:

In your vocabulary the Chinese spokesman is their FO's chief psyops operative, he's come out with provable nonsense on multiple occasions. Why on earth would the US site 36 bio weapon labs in a country rife with indistinguishable Russian spies?

Just now, welshbairn said:

In your vocabulary the Chinese spokesman is their FO's chief psyops operative, he's come out with provable nonsense on multiple occasions. Why on earth would the US site 36 bio weapon labs in a country rife with indistinguishable Russian spies?

It was 26. The US state department had details of the labs on their websites but deleted it at the beginning of the war. The NED have also deleted all the details of the money they have invested in Ukraine. 

It was 26. The US state department had details of the labs on their websites but deleted it at the beginning of the war. The NED have also deleted all the details of the money they have invested in Ukraine. 
Never mind Nickel prices soaring, aluminium must be sky high with all the tin foil hat guff your pushing again. db5fc0dc15bf4e0f7973655111720fc2.jpg

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

image.thumb.png.233dd2070c17cde06debc83b24d03d04.png

https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/03/02/ukraine-biolabs-conspiracy-theory-qanon/

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's a fairy story designed to make people feel good about having the inside track that the rest of us are missing. Best ignored.

Of course, not believing this contemptible nonsense makes me 'naive'. 😀