Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

5 minutes ago, Welly boy said:

As taxpayers do we own Chelsea?

I don't understand how it works, they seem to be just taking property away from people because they mix in bad company, with no criminal charges. "Unexplained wealth" is one angle, but I'm sure Abramovich has rigorously audited accounts that will say what they're supposed to. 

19 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
23 minutes ago, Welly boy said:

Does it work like Ebbsfleet where everyone gets a vote on the team? Get Gilmour back from 

As an owner....Thats Lukaku gone, Will sign for St.Johnstone for an undisclosed fee thought to be around 20 quid.

Edited by Welly boy

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't understand how it works, they seem to be just taking property away from people because they mix in bad company, with no criminal charges. "Unexplained wealth" is one angle, but I'm sure Abramovich has rigorously audited accounts that will say what they're supposed to. 

Sky Sports had said that one of Abramovich’s companies, Evraz, supplied the Russians with metal that they use to build tanks, weapons etc. it might be tied to that in the same way that other companies and personnel from them, are penalised.

46 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

image.png.a83e8a70511df49c1c4f8332b903bd89.png

Anyone doing this "oh I'm just a daft wee actor nobody cares what I think" is a coward. If you have an opinion on China (or Russia, or the USA or whatever), give it. If you don't, then say you don't, rather than hiding away from it.

Edited by craigkillie

Abramovich has admitted to paying huge bribes to secure massively under priced shares in Russian state assets. His entire fortune is based on theft. He’s also highly likely to have been involved in protection rackets and to have been involved with organised crime.

He is also very tight with Putin, he was appointed a governor by Putin and was an unofficial advisor to him, probably still is.

11 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Don't know if this has been posted but an unemployed lass rocking up with £4m cash to buy a flat doesn't raise red flags? Throw her in the jail and watch Lavrov rage.

No problem in Londongrad just give us the readies is what it's all about 

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Anyone doing this "oh I'm just a daft wee actor nobody cares what I think" is a coward. If you have an opinion on China (or Russia, or the USA or whatever), give it. If you don't, then say you don't, rather than hiding away from it.

That was his point wasn't it? If you don't think your opinion on something important but you know nothing about has value, don't use your celebrity status to inflate it.

15 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Abramovich has admitted to paying huge bribes to secure massively under priced shares in Russian state assets. His entire fortune is based on theft. He’s also highly likely to have been involved in protection rackets and to have been involved with organised crime.

He is also very tight with Putin, he was appointed a governor by Putin and was an unofficial advisor to him, probably still is.

Of course, he made his money in Russia the 90's, that's taken as given. I'm just curious about the legal justification for seizing his assets in 2022.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That was his point wasn't it? If you don't think your opinion on something important but you know nothing about has value, don't use your celebrity status to inflate it.

No, his point was to continue feathering his cap with Chinese money from film sales by avoiding saying anything about the ongoing human rights issues in that country. But rather than just going "I don't know enough about it, he infantilised his whole industry and indirectly shut down critical voices from within the industry too.

50 minutes ago, Welly boy said:

The government haven’t taken over as such. They’ve frozen Abramovich’s assets meaning he can’t do anything with them, but in the case of Chelsea they’ve allowed a few exceptions so that fixtures still get played and staff paid.