Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Can one of the financial wizards confirm - has Russia effectively just defaulted on its debt? @Ross. ?

This is just some Random on Twitter saying it and I don’t really understand if it is.

The Russia?

Naiive question (yes, I know, kill me now..) for any military gurus on the forum....... If Putin keeps up the nuke rhetoric and keeps on targeting urban / residential areas with battlefield munitions, is there any possibility that his generals / chiefs of staff could just refuse to obey and tell him to GTF?

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Expect nuclear holocaust 2mr evening....bojo is going to Poland and Estonia to look statesman like or something

It's good that war provides him with a photo opportunity perhaps he can tell the Ukrainian special forces how best to ambush someone with a cake.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Are we going all Covid thread now, finding arseholes on the other side saying arsehole things to try to make a point?

I'd like to think we're all on the opposite side of the guy who is having insane, bloodthirsty fantasies about running pows over with tanks Welshy.

I'm also curious as to what side you think I'm on here.

Edited by Detective Jimmy McNulty

Just now, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

I'd like to think we're all on the opposite side of the guy who is having insane, bloodthirsty fantasies about running pows over with tanks Welshy.

Absolutely, thankfully he'd never entered my world before you brought him to our attention. Is he famous or some random guy on twitter?

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Can one of the financial wizards confirm - has Russia effectively just defaulted on its debt? @Ross. ?

This is just some Random on Twitter saying it and I don’t really understand if it is.

Will check when I get to the office tomorrow, because I sure as f**k cannot be bothered dealing with work stuff now. It would certainly explain why the Russians submit beneficial owner disclosure requests as often as they do.

3 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

If you're a despotic megalomaniac who's taken the world to the brink of nuclear war and are pushed out of office, what do you then do in your spare time? Cannae see the after dinner speaking tour offering many gigs.

Tony Blair does not bad out of it.

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

There is a very informative article about Nuclear weapons in the most recent LRB. It's available to read online for free and is extremely chilling. 

China was a target in any nuclear engagement even before accquiring nuclear weapons. They were then taken off the target list in the 70s but the article author says there is a new protocol in which they almost certainly feature. The modern day Strangeloves have five first strike options which the President has to choose between if he decides to use nuclear weapons. 

I thought China were lending and buying their way to world domination. Why blow up what'll be yours in a few years anyway.

If he stops soon I'll forgive Mr Putin for destabilising the world, but not for rattling @WATTOO's cage.

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

A big thanks to everyone posting links from this "Twiterr" website that none of the rest of us have access to. 

I don’t use it because it seems like a cesspit most of the time so I’m quite appreciative of some of the tweets tbh.

Edited by eez-eh

That video of the father and dog getting killed in front of his son.  God, thats one video I wish I could unhear.  I've seen my fair share of dark shit on the internet but jesus christ.  Also if you do happen upon it, the son gets killed later.   

55 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

May well be true. Kyiv reported the other day that all rail links with Russia were destroyed.

They could have just employed Network Rail and saved all the hassle.

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Absolutely, thankfully he'd never entered my world before you brought him to our attention. Is he famous or some random guy on twitter?

Just a crazy American lib who does cybersecurity. Don't worry about it.

Feel free to post one from 'my side' to even it up.