Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

41 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Reading through this thread and this is somehow the most minter post.

Did you even check the scale on that? It is zoomed in so far that you can't even tell how much it dropped. It was 0.0126X and finished at 0.0125X

BBfSzwJCMAAj_3E.png

6 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Did you even check the scale on that? It is zoomed in so far that you can't even tell how much it dropped. It was 0.0126X and finished at 0.0125X

The red font gives you a clue. 

8 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I owned up to that a couple of pages back. :bag

8 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

This is a fairly big step from Germany. They were putting a significant amount of faith in the Russians delivering a lot of gas through this. Expected it to cover up to 1/3 of their gas requirements iirc. The loss of Cashflow will also f**k Russia about a bit.

7 minutes ago, Ross. said:

This is a fairly big step from Germany. They were putting a significant amount of faith in the Russians delivering a lot of gas through this. Expected it to cover up to 1/3 of their gas requirements iirc. The loss of Cashflow will also f**k Russia about a bit.

Phasing out nuclear power after Fukushima seemed like a dumb move at the time, more so now.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Phasing out nuclear power after Fukushima seemed like a dumb move at the time, more so now.

The Swiss voted to do the same, and still intend on it, but I can’t for the life of me see how it will happen.

On a somewhat related note, I actually know a couple of people employed by Nordstream. Occasionally drunk in the same pub in Zug. Not seen them since before lockdown and I doubt I’ll be seeing them any time soon if this shut down does go ahead.

15 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
33 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

US/EU playing their trump card a little too early if you ask my incredibly well researched and valued opinion.

All they've done is delay the final signature, if Russia don't go beyond the current enclave borders it will likely still go ahead imo.

Although the more conspiratorial among us would believe this was the outcome the US wanted, hence attempts to bait Russia into a conflict, it is a bit surprising Germany has taken such strong action when, essentially, Russia probably hasn't yet overstepped the mark in terms of resolving this diplomatically.

Very unclear if Putin is playing 4D chess or if yesterday's press conference was a Kevin Keegan-esque heads gone and he has completely miscalculated the situation.