Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

4 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

One side extends influence through investing money.

The other extends influence through dropping cluster bombs on civilians.

Toughie this.

The USA also drops cluster bombs on civilians M8.

Ukraine has been at civil war for 8 years and the Ukranian government have killed thousands of civilians via shelling. It's a shit world.

Edited by Detournement

9 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The USA also drops cluster bombs on civilians M8.

Ukraine has been at civil war for 8 years and the Ukranian government have killed thousands of civilians via shelling. It's a shit world.

"But but but they dae it tae"

And as for the theory put forward by some that it's ok for a country larger both economically and militarily to dominate it's neighbours and they should just accept their fate - does that apply to Israel? Or England?

20 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

He doesn't ever pay for a round at the Clansman and then says something disrespectful about Isa that prompts Jack and Victor to tell him to bugger off. Bobby then lightens the mood by calling Winston a fanny.

Tam makes a disparaging remark about him being too tight fisted to pay for a round. [beat] Everyone shoots him dirty looks. Cue laugh track.

22 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

And as for the theory put forward by some that it's ok for a country larger both economically and militarily to dominate it's neighbours and they should just accept their fate - does that apply to Israel? Or England?

Literally no one on here is saying it is 'ok', they're commenting on the actual political reality of the situation. Making up a poster to get mad at stuff here.

On your 2nd point, I assume you would be in favour of the full range of extensive sanctions currently imposed on Russia also being imposed on Israel ?

Spot on article about the UK in the worst time to be outside a rejuvenated EU. Will Labour have the bravery to call this out before the GE, and make a case for a much closer relationship?

3 blocks formed up now, USA, China/Russia, and the EU. Much better to be a part of, and inside the latter in these times, on everything from trade, energy, defence, sanctions calls, refugees, and economics:

https://www.newstatesman.com/comment/2022/03/the-ukraine-war-has-invalidated-brexit

32 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Spot on article about the UK in the worst time to be outside a rejuvenated EU. Will Labour have the bravery to call this out before the GE, and make a case for a much closer relationship?

3 blocks formed up now, USA, China/Russia, and the EU. Much better to be a part of, and inside the latter in these times, on everything from trade, energy, defence, sanctions calls, refugees, and economics:

https://www.newstatesman.com/comment/2022/03/the-ukraine-war-has-invalidated-brexit

I suppose in a way it would be brave to go for an absolute shambolic unpopular position. Are you seriously suggesting Keir Starmer should start engaging in Brexit vs EU type debates? That is so wild and a sure fire way to avoid getting elected into government. 

That article was absolute brain rot, did have a chuckle when I noticed the author though. 

14 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Is that not the plot of the new James Bond movie?

Bond-tech becomes reality eventually. It was a great day when I bought my first Cavalier featuring an ejector seat.

Zelensky has said Ukraine has lost 1,300 soldiers in the war.  He's also said that he would be willing to travel to Jerusalem for a meeting with Putin, chaired by Israeli Prime Minister Bennett.

I can't get over the Prime Minister of Israel is called "Bennett".

1 hour ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

Literally no one on here is saying it is 'ok', they're commenting on the actual political reality of the situation. Making up a poster to get mad at stuff here.

On your 2nd point, I assume you would be in favour of the full range of extensive sanctions currently imposed on Russia also being imposed on Israel ?

On your first point, you seem unable to differentiate between what is almost definitely going to happen (non intervention) and people's willingness to question whether there are circumstances where intervention may be required.

On your second point, I would be happy with that.  Once again though I realise that it is never going to happen.

45 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Zelensky has said Ukraine has lost 1,300 soldiers in the war.  He's also said that he would be willing to travel to Jerusalem for a meeting with Putin, chaired by Israeli Prime Minister Bennett.

Sometimes you need a bit of class.

That's good news tbqh.