Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

50 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

Back to the our nazis are better than your nazis stuff then.

In fairness I've not seen anyone making that argument but I've seen a few people posting "Ukraine has Nazis" as if this is some silver bullet argument, I've certainly not seen this Steve fella accept or post any nuanced takes. I wouldn't be surprised if he sincerely thought this invasion was a special mission to denazify Ukraine. 

17 hours ago, BFTD said:

I find it quite comforting to think that one of the world's most feared armed forces would turn out to be a bit shit.

Hopefully the Americans are just as poor in the field.

Has that not already been proved on more than one occasion?

17 hours ago, Detournement said:

They have taken territory the size of Italy in 3 weeks and reduced a massive armed forces with huge US financing to purely defensive capabilities within 24 hours. That seems fairly realistic. 

Being bothered about the relative strengths of various armed forces is for absolute gimps that buy Andy McNabb books. I'm interested in the political side. 

How many Wales' is that?

11 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

In fairness I've not seen anyone making that argument but I've seen a few people posting "Ukraine has Nazis" as if this is some silver bullet argument, I've certainly not seen this Steve fella accept or post any nuanced takes. I wouldn't be surprised if he sincerely thought this invasion was a special mission to denazify Ukraine. 

Yeah, it's not a silver bullet or justification for invasion, but the amount of people willing to hand wave the neo nazis it is weird, or trying to compare it to the Wagner Group.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That's half the country, they're nowhere near that.

It depends who you ask.

Looking at the small pockets in the west of the Russian map, it looks like they're claiming anywhere they've landed a missile.

image.png.042db3140aec9f47708e761297fd41c6.png

1 minute ago, Lurkst said:

Haven't sided with many posts of yours steve55, but that's a nonsense. What next, removing Tchaikovsky from HMV?

I wouldn't worry; if Steve's posted it, it's almost guaranteed not to be true.