Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

I noticed this on one of my share sites and is unverified but pretty interesting if True,

04/07/2014 UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon made a stunning statement, the distribution of which in Ukrainian media and the Internet is banned. The conflict between the two countries was discussed at the session of the UN Security Council. From this, the following conclusion was drawn:

Ukraine has not registered its borders since 12/25/1991. The UN has not registered the borders of Ukraine as a sovereign state.

Therefore, it can be assumed that Russia is not committing any rights violations in relation to Ukraine.

According to the CIS Treaty, the territory of Ukraine is an administrative district of the USSR. Therefore, no one can be blamed for separatism and forcibly changing the borders of Ukraine

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I noticed this on one of my share sites and is unverified but pretty interesting if True,

04/07/2014 UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon made a stunning statement, the distribution of which in Ukrainian media and the Internet is banned. The conflict between the two countries was discussed at the session of the UN Security Council. From this, the following conclusion was drawn:

Ukraine has not registered its borders since 12/25/1991. The UN has not registered the borders of Ukraine as a sovereign state.

Therefore, it can be assumed that Russia is not committing any rights violations in relation to Ukraine.

According to the CIS Treaty, the territory of Ukraine is an administrative district of the USSR. Therefore, no one can be blamed for separatism and forcibly changing the borders of Ukraine

I see we're already at the, "Whaur's the deeds?" stage.

20 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Or that they think it would be a  suicidal tactical mistake to go head to head with a bigger force on that bigger force's terms? 

Agree.

American stingers were a thorn in the side in Afghanistan, those losses will be dwarfed by the amounts of manpad variants available to Ukraine.

15 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Are these Chernobyl reports true or just rumours at the moment? That's a mass disaster waiting to happen if anything goes untoward there.

Chernobyl is on road to Kyiv from Belarus, where a large portion of the Russian forces entered the country. It's more likely that it's been taken due to military presence in the region anyway.

We really could be doing with Russia taking over more of these former Soviet states. How many times have we played one of them in a qualifying campaign and they've got a result which scuppers our chances of making a tournament?

Scottish football needs a strong Soviet Union!

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I disagree.  I think the West could impose real sanctions on Putin and the oligarchs who support him but there are too many vested interests for that too happen.

what do you suggests as real sanctions and why would they be unlikely to happen - this is a serious question as things are as serious as they can get and surely even the collapse of the housing market in Belgravia or stopping donations to the Tories are prices worth paying for the UK

It is difficult to really know what has caused this as the media lies so much and I don't know who to believe. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that the growing resentment here in U S and A to the ever growing defense budget needs to be ended so a big baddy or two scaring the populace would mean greater profits for the bomb makers. Enter Russia.

39 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

The fragile status of humanity was held together by a blood pact lasting 114 years.

Hibs winning the Scottish Cup in 2016 has set off a quite cataclysmic chain of events that threaten our very existence.

It can only be resolved by Dundee winning the Scottish Cup this season.

Can it?

Please?

Edited by The Master

1 minute ago, BillyAnchor said:

It is difficult to really know what has caused this as the media lies so much and I don't know who to believe. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that the growing resentment here in U S and A to the ever growing defense budget needs to be ended so a big baddy or two scaring the populace would mean greater profits for the bomb makers. Enter Russia.

What has caused it is Russia is led by a mad former KGB operative who murders, maims and imprisons opponents. 

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

The President of the Albanian CSC has came out backing Ukraine 

The Albanian casuals?