Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

2 minutes ago, Richie said:
20 minutes ago, Fullerene said:
Funny you should say that.  
Between them, China, India, Russia and the Ukraine account for more than half the annual production of potatoes in the world.
We got it all wrong.  It's not about oil.   It's about potatoes!  This is the start of the great Potato War.
Hard to imagine. emoji3.png

Was reading earlier that Ukraine has around 16% global Corn, 12% global wheat exports etc.

Ukraine/ Russia has 28% of world wheat production. Effectively 28% Russia.

1 minute ago, Fullerene said:

Not sure you should joke about that.  Years ago some French guy did just that and it didn't end well.  Then some German (maybe Austrian?) guy did the same and came unstuck as well.

Just thought I should warn you.

Learn from history. Take a big coat. 

1 minute ago, Fullerene said:

Not sure you should joke about that.  Years ago some French guy did just that and it didn't end well.  Then some German (maybe Austrian?) guy did the same and came unstuck as well.

Ah! But the trick is do it between winters. Job done.

1 minute ago, AlbionSaint said:

They don't seem to be doing a good job. If reports are true many soldiers have surrendered, which is good. It might be that the Russians collect a $billion's worth of weapons, though.

I personally hope the reports are correct. Only one person was killed during the 'invasion' of Crimea, so let's hope this remains as bloodless as a war can be. 

Thise surrendered soldiers will probably be dead now.

50 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Democratic Senator on CNN stating that he fears Russia launching massive cyber attacks on the west and crippling us economically. 

We will probably find out that Josh Wardle has been working for the Russians all along.

Brilliant distraction move if you ask me.

45 minutes ago, Richie said:

A bit of a take, but has it crossed anyone else's mind that Putin has a critical illness and is just going f**k it.

You know what they say ?

We're all terminally ill from the day that we're born....

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

80bn is small fry. Money laundering is a trillion dollars a year industry. A decade or two back Switzerland would have been involved in a significant portion of it. Nowadays it is perhaps a couple of % at most. And the secrecy laws are now over rated. Believe me. I spend a significant amount of time every month disclosing underlying  beneficial owner details to foreign authorities on a huge number of assets.

80bn is small fry. Money laundering is a trillion dollars a year industry. A decade or two back Switzerland would have been involved in a significant portion of it. Nowadays it is perhaps a couple of % at most. And the secrecy laws are now over rated. Believe me. I spend a significant amount of time every month disclosing underlying  beneficial owner details to foreign authorities on a huge number of assets.
Got anything on a Putin; Vladimir?

19 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Third time lucky?

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Grasses get slashes, comrade.

That said, Russian issued bonds and GDR’s tend to see more disclosure requests made than most.

Edited by Ross.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
7 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Did Private Eye not postulate a few years back that Putin had personally accrued, with the help of his oligarch paymasters, something like $40bn and most of it stashed in Suisse ?