Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

13 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Is it feasible for some c**t to take the c**t out?

That is what I thought as I genuinely believe that what he is doing will not be supported by the majority of his government and certainly not the majority of the Russian people - who are apalled by his actions.

14 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Putin and his regime are fucking lunatics who have completely lost the plot, however the failure of Western nations to stand up to him has lead to this.

What do you expect them to do to stop Russia?

Like what plausible route is there to stop the 2nd largest army on the planet, who own the 2nd largest collection of nuclear weapons including the outright largest, without setting in motion the end of humanity?

We kind of just have to hope they give up on Ukraine or stop there. There's no victory to be had over them with violence.

28 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Tugendhat is playing a very cynical game. Funnily enough it's quite similar to Farage riling people up for Brexit. The question is he doing this because the MIC want Gammons riled up or is it for the Tory Party members who vote for the next leader in particular?

There is definitely a bit of a psyop going on so that the next time something like the vote to go to war with Syria comes up people are less inclined to be anti war. The idea that holding an opinion on a conflict between Russia and Ukraine could be treason in the UK leads to a very dangerous place. 

Kennedy is an idiot but very representative of her peer group. It doesn't take much to turn a affluent liberal into a furious right winger. 

It gives me a great deal of satisfaction to report that the death sentence is being considered for Nigel Farage.  

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

I actually feel sorry for the Russian people. I definitely get the impression that a lot of them do not back this. They aren’t in any better position to do anything though. 

The Russian branch of the Ross County supporters’ association is my only connection to Russia at all, but it certainly suggests you are right. 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What do you expect them to do to stop Russia?

Like what plausible route is there to stop the 2nd largest army on the planet, who own the 2nd largest collection of nuclear weapons including the outright largest, without setting in motion the end of humanity?

We kind of just have to hope they give up on Ukraine or stop there. There's no victory to be had over them with violence.

But it is coming. 

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

But it is coming. 

Aye. If/when Russia seize Kiev and assassinate the Ukranian president, I think that'll be us over the hill and rolling towards WW3. If the threats against Finland/Sweden are true then it shows Russia want it to happen and are trying to push NATO into it.

The moment the USA and Russia declare war on each other then we're fucked. Neither side can win so it's just an endless battle until one chucks a nuke.

I think the longer we avoid that the better, and hopefully Putin decides to back down a little.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. If/when Russia seize Kiev and assassinate the Ukranian president, I think that'll be us over the hill and rolling towards WW3. If the threats against Finland/Sweden are true then it shows Russia want it to happen and are trying to push NATO into it.

The moment the USA and Russia declare war on each other then we're fucked. Neither side can win so it's just an endless battle until one chucks a nuke.

It certainly looks as if Mad Vlad is for WW3.