Morton v Arbroath

Thought that both Morton and Thistle were both dreadful during their mid-week game - both teams lacked creativity and made for very dull viewing ( the condition of the swamp invested pitch never helped) but both teams has no attacking edge and looked very average.

Tomorrow will be a different game, but if Arbroath are on form and back to their usual impressive football then I think it will be an away win.

Tough match, no doubt about that, but going for an away win.

Not quite sure what to make of this game with Morton on a winning run and us on a poor run of form.

I'm getting quite fed up of thinking that at this point in time I would take a draw and hope that other results go our way, cos I've been thinking that for almost every other match this season.

Anyway with a bit of luck and a full squad available we should be going to Cappielow looking to win the game.......................or maybe get a draw?

46 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I’ve only been to Cappielow once v Clydebank for the last game of the season 2000/01 when we last won promotion to the Championship or First Division as it was called then.

We’d confirmed second place and automatic promotion the previous Saturday, so me and a pal decided to drive through for a stress free game.

My main recollections are it was a draw, that only the main stand was open, liked Cappielow as it’s a proper old school ground and that the drive along the Clyde to Greenock was surprisingly picturesque.

Think we parked just behind the home end, mind you there couldn’t have been more than 400 at the game.

Would like to go back, not tomorrow unfortunately.

I think we lost 2-1 and Gav Swankie scored 

9 hours ago, virginton said:

It is a worry fitness-wise when i) Tuesday's game was played on a tar pit ii) the game plan at home at least has involved intense, coordinated pressing off the ball and iii) the opposition didn't have to play midweek at all.

It is not an injustice; it is however a significant issue that can affect tomorrow's match. 

If we’d played Wednesday, especially on that pitch, I’d be pretty concerned, because a number of players who played Saturday-Tuesday would still be feeling it in training today. As it is, it looks like only McLean — entirely unsurprisingly — won’t make it; and Muirhead will get another shot with Reilly not back.

Wee test of squad depth, but we should at least be avoiding defeat here.

4 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Thought that both Morton and Thistle were both dreadful during their mid-week game - both teams lacked creativity and made for very dull viewing ( the condition of the swamp invested pitch never helped) but both teams has no attacking edge and looked very average.

Tomorrow will be a different game, but if Arbroath are on form and back to their usual impressive football then I think it will be an away win.

Tough match, no doubt about that, but going for an away 

Even PSG would have struggled on that shite heap.

15 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Tough match, no doubt about that, but going for an away win.

We’ve been playing hoof ball for about 5 weeks. Since Raith away the midfield has been completely bypassed. We have severely lacked any kind of creativity too

If Nicky Low cannot play today please play Bobby Linn 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Are we going to have to face the fact soon that we can’t look to build or base our midfield around Nicky Low? Feel terrible for him obviously and would love nothing more than to have him back at his best, but we need continuity and have to start looking at having a consistent midfield of guys who can play week after week without injury. Obviously anyone can get injured but just playing without any obvious incident shouldn’t be enough to crock a player for weeks.

Are we going to have to face the fact soon that we can’t look to build or base our midfield around Nicky Low? Feel terrible for him obviously and would love nothing more than to have him back at his best, but we need continuity and have to start looking at having a consistent midfield of guys who can play week after week without injury. Obviously anyone can get injured but just playing without any obvious incident shouldn’t be enough to crock a player for weeks.

Nicky being injury prone was always likely with his history. I was hoping we’d sign a creative midfielder on loan. Still time I suppose.

The wind isn't extreme but it is very gusty, which should make a fun day for both goalkeepers. Think we may well get a classic Hamilton clanger but if he keeps making top drawer saves most of the time then I can live with that. 

In some respects, we are still adjusting to being without Anton Dowds and Joe Nouble who were both key players in the set up.

We are also missing Nicky Low who is the engine of the team in midfield - but Henderson is a good fit for midfield and always puts in a good shift.

Wighton and Hamilton up front will start to click and gel soon.

Regarding Bobby, I think he needs at least 30 mins of game time to make an impact and if he is not starting, shouyld be looking to play for at least 30 mins ( depending on how the game is going of course).

Going to be a very difficult game but going for an away win with goals from Hamilton and McKenna.

In some respects, we are still adjusting to being without Anton Dowds and Joe Nouble who were both key players in the set up.
We are also missing Nicky Low who is the engine of the team in midfield - but Henderson is a good fit for midfield and always puts in a good shift.
Wighton and Hamilton up front will start to click and gel soon.
Regarding Bobby, I think he needs at least 30 mins of game time to make an impact and if he is not starting, shouyld be looking to play for at least 30 mins ( depending on how the game is going of course).
Going to be a very difficult game but going for an away win with goals from Hamilton and McKenna.

Hamilton? Hedging your bets.

So far we've had three utterly ridiculous fouls awarded against us, two Arbroath attacks stopped by the referee failing to play an obvious advantage, and then an offside based presumably on the ball just bouncing after Gaston's goal kick. What the f**k are they teaching these clowns at Largs? 

Hard fought march with Arbroath really well-organized  and winning most of the 2nd balls.

Wilson is a decent player but his lack of match fitness really showing in this game. We need Lyon on Pronto.

Ref giving us absolutely nothing so far an absolute 🤡 

Started okay but have fallen out of this one, the midfield is not winning the ball and the balls up to Ugwu aren't working. Thomson is causing us a problem because nobody is covering his runs from right back - that said, Hamilton hasn't had too much to do. 

I'd take one of the forwards off and go for a normal 3-5-2 with Lyon on to shore the midfield up. You could take either Ugwu or Oliver off - I'm not sure if Ugwu occupying defenders is what we need.