Arbroath v Partick Thistle

4 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

But is he likely to fill you with confidence in terms of making an impact? I remember him scoring a flukey goal against Dunfermline at Gayfield a couple of years ago, much like Jack Hamilton's against Killie a couple of weeks ago. Other than that I can only remember one game, can't remember who it was against, when I thought he had a good game. But it was in a game that we dominated, probably in League 1.

When we are having to fight for every ball he wouldn't be my first choice to start or even come on as a sub. Sometimes think the manager would be doing the lad a favour by letting him go, or loaning him out, to a League 1 or 2 club where he would be playing regularly and improve his game.

Yeah. Thought he made a decent impact when he come on Saturday, few clever touches and bits of play. Done really well at one point and it really should’ve lead to a big chance for us but Hammy took a poor touch and it was a chance missed 

Similar to Nicky, Bobby and Wighton, think he’s clever enough to make something happen in final third

So, into the final quarter of games tonight - a win tonight would leave us with 9 games to go and sitting 3 points at the top.

As we all know, there are no easy games in this league - but we need to be winning tonight.

The players have all been outstanding and will need to be at their best tonight to gain all 3 points.

Would like Bobby to get a longer period of game time - it's not easy coming on as a sub for 10 mins to make an impact.

Going for a 2-1 scoreline tonight.

1 hour ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

But is he likely to fill you with confidence in terms of making an impact? I remember him scoring a flukey goal against Dunfermline at Gayfield a couple of years ago, much like Jack Hamilton's against Killie a couple of weeks ago. Other than that I can only remember one game, can't remember who it was against, when I thought he had a good game. But it was in a game that we dominated, probably in League 1.

When we are having to fight for every ball he wouldn't be my first choice to start or even come on as a sub. Sometimes think the manager would be doing the lad a favour by letting him go, or loaning him out, to a League 1 or 2 club where he would be playing regularly and improve his game.

Donnelly was brilliant v Kelty in the cup at the start of the season. He played with an energy and physicality I had never seen from him before…. or since. I hoped at the time that this was a turning point for him but, alas it wasn’t to be. Not a bad player to bring on if we’re winning comfortably or in a game like Forfar in the cup, but he simply ain’t going to win games or strike fear into the opposition, despite his height.

18 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

I'm assuming we've gone with mckenna over Foster as we've been physically dominated by Arbroath twice this season

Most likely. Also Think Foster might struggle to play 3 games in a week (especially since he’s just back from injury) so wouldn’t be surprised to see him come back in v ICT. He’s not any better than McKenna defensively but I do prefer him going forward.

Edited by JagsCG