Raith Rovers vs Ayr, 5 March

So, the most dismal team record in the last 10 versus a team who has earned three and a half times the points…or, if you look at the last 6, a team with half the points the other has earned. Not a scenario we would have expected before Christmas, but here comes a truly must win game for the Rovers. If we can show the potential we did versus Partick, we’re in with a chance unless the loss to Queens has focused Ayr a bit more. Unfortunately, I feel a 1-1 “festival” of fitba coming on!

The ONLY reason I can see us winning this is because our record against the teams at the top is very good in recent matches and Raith are on a slide a wee bit.

Can’t wait for endless pages of Ayr fans saying Bullen needs to makes such and such a change and play so and so only for us to change f**k all besides maybe Murdoch coming back in. I’d like us to at least give Rowe a fair crack at right back (although I think Houston is fine in these games) and start Gondoh or O’Connor in place of Maxwell.

Just...do something Ayr. Had enough this season of knowing how games are going to pan out simply by looking at the team sheet.

Yesterday should at least have put an end to the Aero in midfield choice, be utterly amazed if that continues for this game...

Zanatta obligatory goal etc...

Too expensive a day out for Bullenball for me.  
Draw IMO

Draw isn’t the worst result tbf. Saturday was honking but in the grand scheme of things we’re not far off being safe. Remains to be seen if QOS will build any real momentum and I’ve no clue how Dunfermline are going to cope but we just need to keep chipping away and getting points where we can.

I fancy our chances of winning this but I don’t see a draw as a terrible result.

That’s us now at about 370 odd minutes of football without a goal. We actually did well on Saturday against Thistle, correct formation and shape with everything but a goal. Would like to see the same team with Ethan Ross back in, if he’s fit, for Zanatta. If he’s not fit, then Gullan wide would be fine. Ben Williamson is probably on his last chance for a good performance before someone else needs a shot in the middle of the park, too. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Raith fans still boycotting or has the initial anger subsided somewhat? 

We had about 1450 home fans on Saturday, which is there or thereabouts of what I’d expect for a middle of the season game v Thistle. There are still some who are staying away but I’d say that the majority are back. 

8 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Ben Williamson is probably on his last chance for a good performance before someone else needs a shot in the middle of the park, too. 

Only the gaffer will know if he's got 90 minutes in him, but I thought Aaron Arnott looked better than Williamson in the time he was on the park on Saturday.

I'd imagine Williamson won't feature on Wednesday as he's probably played in the challenge cup already this season for the baby ****.

10 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Ben Williamson is probably on his last chance for a good performance before someone else needs a shot in the middle of the park, too. 

March was supposed to be the time Spencer would be hoping to get back on the pitch. Is he back training yet?

I remember at the time he thought he'd be back earlier than now but it obviously hasn't panned out that way.

4 hours ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

March was supposed to be the time Spencer would be hoping to get back on the pitch. Is he back training yet?

I remember at the time he thought he'd be back earlier than now but it obviously hasn't panned out that way.

Spencer was to start training this week.

6 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

I'd imagine Williamson won't feature on Wednesday as he's probably played in the challenge cup already this season for the baby ****.

Williamson played in the Scottish League Cup for Livi, against us…but hasn’t got a conflict in this competition.

6 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Only the gaffer will know if he's got 90 minutes in him, but I thought Aaron Arnott looked better than Williamson in the time he was on the park on Saturday.

5 hours ago, pantene proV said:

Agreed re Arnott. Should play instead of Williamson.

5 hours ago, grumswall said:

Also agree. Arnott clearly has potential but is ready to play at this level as well in some capacity. He will only improve with game time and we don't have much to lose this season by playing him.

Hells yes! Welcome to the dark side lads! Wait, would this mean we’re a clique?

I think I'll probably head up to this.  The QOS game was a real disappointment but I am strangely confident of at least a draw here.

Although, Raith are a team on terrible form, not won for ages, club in disarray not so long ago... It's all set up for a 3 point gift from Ayr.

A bit obvious to say but a win here would be huge for getting us back on track with creating a gap to the bottom two. Any chance Raith are disinterested and looking to see Dunfermline be cut further adrift? Would be much appreciated.

A struggling team desperate for a win and no goals for ages?

Ayr will gift you 3 points lads, you're welcome

Bet365 have Raith as 10/11 faves...shite odds considering